Fluo-Oil Fluorinated Oil for Microfluidics
- Product SKU: EU-FLUO-7500-10
- Category: Emulseo, Microfluidic Accessories, Microfluidic Liquids & Chemicals
Thanks to their colorless, odorless, and biocompatible properties, fluorinated oils are widely used in microfluidics for droplet applications. Fluo-Oil 40, based on Fluorinert 40, and Fluo-Oil 7500, based on Novec 7500, are well suited for water-in-oil emulsions as a stable carrier phase. Fluo-Oil 135 and Fluo-Oil 200 are alternatives to Fluo-Oil 7500 and Fluo-Oil 40, respectively.
Available in bottles of 10 mL, 20 mL, 50 mL, and 100 mL.
We have chosen these oils for their high stability and wide chemical compatibility. Fluo-Oil 40 and Fluo-Oil 7500 are used in a wide range of applications: cell sorting, protein studies, research on living cells, or droplet encapsulation to name a few. Their permeability to gases makes experiments with living cells possible.
Fluo-Oil 40 contains FC-40TM from 3M company, and Fluo-Oil 7500 contains NovecTM 7500 from 3M company. Fluo-Oil 135 and 200 are alternatives with similar properties to respectively Fluo-Oil 7500 and Fluo-Oil 40.
Use Fluo-Oil 40 to dilute FluoSurf in FC-40, and Fluo-Oil 7500 to dilute FluoSurf in HFE 7500. FluoSurf is a high-performance surfactant specifically formulated to get highly stable and monodisperse emulsions. To find out more about oil/surfactant compatibility, the experts of Darwin Microfluidics invite you to consult their review "Choosing the best oil and surfactant for droplet generation".
Fluo-Oil being fluorinated oils, we recommend using a fluorophilic coating in your microfluidic channels. A standard hydrophobic coating can also work.
1x Bottle of Fluo-Oil fluorinated oil for microfluidics
Fluo-Oil 40 is slightly more viscous than Fluo-Oil 7500, so the droplet generation speed with Fluo-Oil 7500 will be a bit faster than with Fluo-Oil 40, and also closer to water. Besides this difference in viscosity, the two oil types have quite similar properties.
|Oil||Fluo-Oil 7500||Fluo-Oil 135||Fluo-Oil 40||Fluo-Oil 200|
|Boiling Point @ 1 atm (°C)||129||135||165||196|
|Surface tension (dynes/cm)||16.2||-||16||-|
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Request a quote easily by clicking on the "Request a Quote" button in the cart page.
Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD, GBP or AUD, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping country, and can be estimated from the cart page. Our shipping rates and times are:
- France: GLS (1-2 business days), free shipping above 350€
- Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czechia, Slovakia:
- GLS (2-4 business days), free shipping above 350€
- DHL Express (1-2 business days), reduced rate above 350€
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, Greece, Cyprus, Malta: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- United Kingdom: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- USA, Canada: DHL Express (1-3 business days), free shipping above 400€
- Switzerland: DHL Express (1-2 days), free shipping above 450€
- Other countries: DHL Express, shipping rates based on the destination, weight and dimensions
If you wish to use your own shipping account, we will charge a flat fee of 15€.
We reserve the right to apply a surcharge for parcels > 30 kg, palletized shipments, or packages with dimensions exceeding the maximum dimensions of our carriers.
Please note that our standard shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place), or EXW if using your own carrier.
Contact us if you have any questions!