Custom chips using Flexdym polymer
- Category: Cell Culture Chips, Electrophoresis & Electrochemistry Chips, Microfluidic Chips, Microfluidic Droplet Generators, Microfluidic Flow Cells, Microfluidic Organ-on-a-chip, Micromixers Chips
The FlexDym™ polymer is a new material for chip microfabrication, with the advantages of PDMS without its drawbacks. Self-sealing, this patented biocompatible technology (certified ISO 10993-5 & UPS Class VI). Nous sommes actuelement les seul à pouvoir vous proposer cette technology. From a simple sketch or idea, we can design your chip and fabricate it!
The FlexDym™ polymer is designed to offer an alternative to PDMS chips microfabrication
This technology has many advantages:
- Biocompatible: ISO 10993-5 & UPS Class VI certifications. No gloves or safety equipment needed to manipulate it.
- Compatible for optical assays: low fluorescence, optically clear.
- No absorption, permeable to gas and not to liquid.
- Versatile: Easy to connect with self-sealing pads for different tubing dimensions, no leakage unlike PDMS.
- Cost-effective: Better performances than the current chips for a better price.
- Resistant to tearing: Unlike PDMS, a Flexdym chip will not tear apart when you manipulate it.
- Convenient: Easily connect your chip with self-sealing connection pads. No leakage, no connection problem!
- Accurate: Microchannels width down to 50 nm.
Darwin Microfluidics is managing the full process of designing and manufacturing. We can create the best chip for your experiment from a simple sketch! Each of our design is customizable. If you cannot find what you need, or you have an idea of design, contact us and we'll figure it out together.
From one chip to thousands, our process is fully scalable.
Fast and high performance self-sealing
FlexDym has a nanoblocks copolymer technology. You can buy connection pads with the dimension needed for your tubings and then place one on your connection hole. After 2 hours of self-sealing at ambient temperature, it resists to a loading pressure up to 5 bar.
FlexDym is an alternative to any other chip material in the classical applications of microfluidic chips. We currently have designs for droplet generators, flow cells, micromixers and organ-on-a-chip (clickable links).
This polymer is particularly interesting for life sciences: its biocompatibility make it simple to design any experiment involving cells, proteins or other biomaterials even prior assembly! The self-sealing technology is not destructive, unlike plasma, vacuum or high temperature used in the sealing of other chips.
More informations about FlexDym technology here.
Flexdym™ is a real breakthrough for microfluidics, and as a forward-thinking company we want to bring this technology to your lab.
Contact us for more informations!
Here are the specifications of the Flexdym™ material:
- Thickness: 300 µm / 750 µm / 1.3 mm
- Hardness Shore A: 35
- Specific Gravity: 0.9 g/cm3
- Tear Strength: 15 kN/m
- Tensile Strength: 7.6 kN/m
- Elongation: 720%
Flexdym™ microfabrication specifications:
- Minimum microchannels width: 50 nm
- Microchannels depth range: 50 nm - 1 mm
- Multi-layered chips: yes
The characteristics and feasibility of a chip greatly varies according to its design. The process is scalable, which means we can make one or thousands of chips regarding your needs.
The cost of the microfabrication decreases with the chip quantity.
More informations about Flexdym™ technology here.
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at email@example.com
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
A 25€ bank fee will be applied for any wire transfer in other currencies than Euros (€) outside the SEPA zone (European Union, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Monaco).
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and on the country of destination. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through UPS. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination! You can even choose a quicker shipping option like UPS Express.
Please note that our shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place). Please contact us if you prefer using your own courrier account or have any question!