Microfluidic Organ-on-a-Chip (chip only) - Luer
This modular Organ-on-Chip represents an innovative approach to create 3D cell cultures and tissues with a precise and continuous control of culturing parameters. It is possible to mimic tissue organization, cell-cell interactions, extracellular matrix influence and physiological responses in a more in vivo-like environment. The inlets and outlets with integrated Luer connections ensure leak-free junctions with the tubing and allow experiments under dynamic flow conditions.
Create your own setup by combining this Microfluidic Chip and a Culture Patch!
An ideal Organ-on-Chip should be easy to use and with a reversible access to cells in chip for downstream analysis. Hence our Organ-on-Chip meets all these demands. The modular microfluidic chip consists in two plastic plates in PC (Polycarbonate), each having four integrated magnets for reversible assembly and an elastomeric PDMS thin film to ensure good sealing. The Luer Connectors in the upper part of the chip allow medium perfusion and dynamic flow conditions during your experiments of drug screening and/or cell differentiation.
Different patches can be used to culture cells or to differentiate Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (hiPSC) in dish or microplates in order to create your tissue patch (e.g. cardiac, neuron, etc). Then, the obtained tissue patch (or other tissue culture inserts) can be integrated in the assembled Organ-on-Chip. Culture patches are available here!
Micro-chambers and micro-channels are patterned in both plastic plates of the chip to create two independent microfluidic systems: the upper and the lower chambers separated by the tissue patch. These two microfluidic chambers can be perfused with different culture media. Thus a tissue interface can be formed to simulate alveolar, stomach, intestine, kidney, liver, brain-blood, skin functions, etc.
Tissues inside the chip can be observed by microscopy or harvested for downstream analysis.
This chip was designed for reversible integration of various types of patches. It consists in two plastic plates, each having an elastomeric thin film, four embedded magnets, and pre-patterned chambers and micro-channels. When a patch is placed between the two plates, the force between the four pairs of magnets ensures auto-assembling at pressures up to 8 kPa. Finally, the standard Luer Connectors of the upper plate allow an easy medium and drug perfusion.
To ensure good sealing with high flow pressures (up to 100 kPa), the chip can be placed in a hand screwed clamp for assembling and fast operation (the clamp is not included and can be ordered separately; click here for additional information). At the end of your experiment in dynamic flow conditions, the tissue patch can be easily removed by dissembling the clamps and the microfluidic chip.
More generally, integration of 4 microfluidic chips with different tissue patches will allow creating a body-like circulatory or micro-physiological system to investigate the mutual influences of different tissues (a Body-on-Chip). For example, a co-culture of human intestine, liver, skin and kidney cells with a medium circulation loop could be assembled and it will represent a reliable platform for drug screening.
|Upper plate size||55 mm x 25 mm x 8 mm|
|Lower plate size||55 mm x 25 mm x 3 mm|
|Dimension for patch insert||Φ 13 X 0.2 mm²|
|Channel width||1000 μm|
|Chamber depth||500 μm|
|Material||PC with PDMS thin layer|
The modular Organ-on-Chip setup includes:
- 1x Microfluidic Chip with four Luer Ports (Upper plate + Lower plate)
We offer different Culture Patches, choose it accordingly to your cell culture and create your own 3D tissue.
The chip comes sterile and have to be stored in dry conditions, without direct exposition to the sunlight at room temperature (15-25 °C).
Integration of a tissue patch into the chip gives rise to Organ-on-Chip models. Typically, a tissue patch made of two types of cells can be inserted in the interface of two elastoplastic plates. After clamping, solutions can injected to create physiological conditions or test the effects of drugs and growth factors.
- Reversible patch integration thanks to the modular chip
- Leak-free Luer Connection molded with the chip
- Highly-resistant and optically clear material
- Standard microscope glass slide size
By changing the cell type and the patch, this chip can be used to create:
- Neural or cardio-vascular networks-on-a-chip,
- Mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) or bone marrow-on-a-chip,
- ESC or iPSC-derived stem cells (ESC/iPSC)-on-a-chip.
This modular microfluidic platform significantly improve the predictability of drug screening and studies of personalized medicine.
Useful cell culture protocols can be find in these papers published in high impact factor journals:
- Tang et al., Effective motor neuron differentiation of hiPSCs on a patch made of crosslinked monolayer gelatin nanofibers. J. Mater. Chem. B, 2016, 4, 3305 (PDF file)
Figure 1. Neuronal cells in red ( Neuron-specific class III beta-tubulin TUJ1 positive) and Astrocytes in green (glial fibrillary acidic protein GFAP positive)
- Tang et al., Induction and differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells into functional cardiomyocytes on a compartmented monolayer of gelatin nanofibers. Nanoscale, 2016, 8, 14530 (PDF file)
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
A 25€ bank fee will be applied for any wire transfer in other currencies than Euros (€) outside the SEPA zone (European Union, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Monaco).
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and on the country of destination. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through UPS. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
Please note that our shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place). Please contact us if you prefer using your own courrier account or have any question!