Cell confluency reader
- Category: Microfluidic Other Accessories
Stop second-guessing the confluency of your cells on a small fraction of your cell culture vessel!
Automate your sub-culturing decisions with this affordable and compact imaging platform. It provides rapid and robust measurements of the confluency of your cells in the entire surface culture area and predicts the timing of your passaging.
Controlling cell confluency will maximize success of your cell transfection, differentiation and sub-culturing protocols.
Automate data-driven decisions for sub-culturing: control and monitor reproducibly your cell confluency!
Real-time quantitative cell confluency
Confluency of the entire surface culture area
Predicts next passaging time
Records data for rigorous book keeping
Schematic drawing of the Cell Confluency Reader
This affordable product includes both software and imaging hardware and can therefore be purchased independently of your pre-existing microscopic equipment. This product will quantify, standardize, digitize and monitor a crucial step in cell culture that is to this day often performed only qualitatively.
Representative work flow using the Cell Confluency Reader
The user places the culture vessel of choice on the confluence reader that is equipped with cameras which capture high resolution images of the bulk of your culture surface. Within seconds, our algorithm segments the images; it quantifies the cell confluency and predicts its evolution so as to identify the timing at which your cell culture vessel will have reached your target confluency. The software notifies the user via email shortly before reaching the target confluency.
PROBLEMS THIS SOLVES:
Provides a quantitative measure of confluence
Measures the real confluency of your entire cell population
Enables control of confluency levels to avoid variability in results of downstream applications
Identifies and notifies the passaging time to plan experiments ahead of time
Digitizes and standardizes cell culture protocols
- Passaging cells at variable and uncontrolled levels of confluence inevitably induces variability in your results. Confluency levels are known to be crucial for the health of cell, their differentiation and the success of their transfection. This product will help you precisely identify and predict the timing of your optimal cell confluency to standardize and increase control over the outcomes of your experiments.
- Observing a couple of regions of your entire cell culture vessel is far from representative of the real confluency of your entire cell population. Our software analyzes within seconds the real confluency of most of your cell population.
- It stores your data to keep rigorous records of the proliferation and health of your cells across experiments.
The routine use of this product will help you control reproducibly your cell confluency, which will have many impacts (listed in the figure below), amongst which:
maximize success of your downstream applications, such as cell transfection
improve the differentiation of your cells (stem cells, immune cells)
Impact of Cell Confluency Reader on cell culture
Use our equipment to take images of your culture vessel at multiple time points so that the proliferation rate your cells is estimated – our software (see screenshot below) uses real-time data to predict the timing of your ideal target confluency and the required split ratio according to your cell type. Our software draws information from a database that can guide you choosing a splitting ratio for sub-culturing depending on your cell type. You can store data to keep track of your cell stock proliferation rate and compare between flasks to identify more quickly anomalies within your stock.
Representative screenshot of software
This products works with numerous cell types, amongst which:
- endothelial cells,
- stem cells(i.e. iPS)
- immune cells (monocytes, macrophages, T cells, dendritic cells)
Contact us to discuss this product in more details with our product developer and manager, Alexandra Boussommier-Calleja.
Keep your cells happy and healthy!
- Up to a total of 50 Mpixels
- Resolution of 10 µm.
- Custom-written software for automated image segmentation
- Records and stores data for longitudinal measurements
- Label-free, non-invasive measurement
- Does not require any other consumable
- Compatible via USB to any computer or tablet
- Compact design: fits anywhere in your cell culture lab!
- Compatible with numerous culture vessels: T150, T75, T25, T12.5, well-plates, cell culture dish
- Compatible with numerous cell types, such as HUVECs, fibroblasts, cancer cells, stem cells, immune cells.
- Cell culture
- Cell transfection
- Stem cell differentiation
- Drug discovery
- Regenerative Medicine
- In vitro assay development
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and on the country of destination. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through UPS. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
Please note that our shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place). Please contact us if you prefer using your own courrier account or have any question!