A starter pack with PTFE tubing and PDMS punchers
- Connecting a reservoir to your setup.
- Connecting a bubble trap to your setup.
- Comprehensive package with everything to get you started
- High Grade PTFE tubing
- Compatible with 10-32 fittings for 1/16 OD tubing
- Compatible with ¼-28 fittings for 1/16 OD tubing
- PTFE Teflon Tubing 1/16″ OD x 1/32" ID (10m):
PTFE Teflon tubing can handle extremely high temperatures in harsh chemical environments. It is also chemically inert, has low permeability, and the lowest friction coefficient of any tubing. Just like Tygon tubing, Teflon tubing is commonly used to connect microfluidic instruments and microfluidic reservoirs.
However, since PTFE Teflon tubing is non-elastic yet slightly flexible, using stainless steel adapters for connections is trickier than with Tygon tubing, but it is still possible. In any case, direct Tubing-PDMS connections are possible and reliable due to PDMS elasticity, are therefore recommended.
- Razor Sharp Stainless Steel Biopsy Punch 1,25 mm OD (x1): to drill tubing connection holes in PDMS devices.
- Razor Sharp Stainless Steel Biopsy Punch 0,5 mm OD (x1)