BIOPEN® systems - Compound delivery for single cells
- Product SKU: FL-BIOPEN
- Category: Microfluidic Chips
The BIOPEN® systems, developed by Fluicell, are unique and powerful microfluidic devices for maintaining localized drug delivery in single-cell experiments, enabling control of the chemical environment around single intact cells in tissue or cell cultures.
With the BioPen PRIME or the BioPen FLEX you can study and interrogate one or a small number of cells with a perfect control over the environment immediately surrounding the cell of interest.
Localized solution delivery platforms for single-cells
BioPen® PRIME and BioPen® FLEX systems are unique and powerful microfluidic platforms for maintaining localized delivery in single-cell experiments, enabling control of the chemical environment around single cells in tissue or cell culture.
Unique and critical data from single-cells
Collect unprecedented data quality at high resolution by controlling how much, when and where your reagents meet your cells.
- Interrogate single cells. Expose just one or a small number of cells to particular test solutions, e.g. drugs or antibodies, without diffusion outside the experimental region of interest. The test solution can easily be confined.
- Rapid delivery. Deliver four different solutions to just a single cell or part of a cell with sub-second exchange time.
- Low compound consumption. The four integrated solution reservoirs containing less than 35 μl, overcome typical dead volume problem of external tubing, reducing significantly the use of expensive reagents.
- Combination with other probing devices. The pipette tip has been optimized to fit into practically any micromanipulation environment allowing combination with other probes such as patch-clamp pipettes, optical fibers or electrodes.
- No glass or tip breakage. The pipette tips are made from a flexible biocompatible material so that unlike glass pipettes they won’t break upon contact with the hard surface.
- No contamination. The pipette tip has been developed from an hydrodynamically confined flow principle, enabling contamination-free confinement of one miscible liquid inside another.
The BioPen FLEX and BioPen PRIME systems are interchangeable component platforms; choose the holder and the pipette tip suitable for you.
BioPen® System contains:
1) Disposable pipette tip:
The pipette tip is used to deliver up to 4 different solutions. Utilizing hydrodynamic confinement, the delivered solution can be localized and rapidly switched without contaminating the rest of the cells or the cell dish solution. The pipette tip is made from PDMS. It includes 8 wells; 4 wells for containing solutions and 4 wells for collecting waste. Each well can contain up to 35 μl of solution.
Two types of pipette tips are available: PRIME and FLEX.
2) Pressure Controller:
Two levels of pneumatic pressure are supplied by the pressure controller and fast solution switching is achieved through the use of miniature solenoid valves.
3) Pipette holder:
The pipette holder is a pressure manifold to assure a closed system and to connect each solution reservoir of the pipette tip individually with the precision pressure controller. It has been designed to be compatible with any standard type of micromanipulator.
Two types of pipette holders are available: PRIME and FLEX.
The software enables facile configuration and use of the BioPen® system. The Windows-based BioPen® software allows independent control of each pressure line and solution delivery. It also includes a macro scripting module for automation of common tasks and setup/shutdown.
Deliver reagents locally to a single-cell or a group of cells, without contaminating the whole sample
BioPen® FLEX Tip Specifications
A) Schema of BioPen FLEX pipette
B) Schema of the tip of BioPen FLEX pipette
C) BioPen FLEX pipette exposure zone size
BioPen® PRIME Tip Specifications
A) Schema of BioPen PRIME pipette
B) Schema of the tip of BioPen PRIME pipette
C) BioPen PRIME pipette exposure zone size
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at email@example.com
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD, AUD or GBP, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and on the country of destination. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through DHL Express. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
Please note that our shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place). Please contact us if you prefer using your own courrier account or have any question!