Culture Patch for Organ-on-a-Chip
- Product SKU: MS-SC-CP11
- Category: MesoBioTech, Microfluidic Chips, Microfluidic Organ-on-a-chip, Organ-on-a-chip Accessories
This culture patch is a system of monolayer gelatin nanofibers deposited on a patterned PEGDA microframe, with an optional collagen/laminin membrane. Its structure and composition perfectly mimics the in-vivo extracellular matrix. This solution offers the possibility to recreate tissue organization, cell-cell interactions, extracellular matrix influence and physiological responses in a more in vivo-like environment.
Compatible with traditional culture dishes, multi-wells, Boyden chambers and advanced organ-on-a-chip platforms developed by MesoBioTech.
Culture patches are designed to mimic sophisticated cellular environments. Mechanically stable and biocompatible, these patches reproduce the in vivo conditions for epithelial and endothelial tissue organization.
Based on a honeycomb microframe in PEGDA that supports a monolayer nanofibers backbone in gelatin, these patches are also available with ultrathin artificial basement membrane (100 - 200 nm thickness) in collagen and laminin to improve your cell culture. This additional membrane can be used to improve the monolayer formation of epithelial cells, and is semi-permeable which can slow down considerably the diffusion of large size molecules.
Two patches are available:
- PEGDA frame - gelatin nanofibers
- PEGDA frame - gelatin nanofibers - collagen/laminin membrane
- Mammalian cell culture
- Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (hiPSC) culture and differentiation
- Tissue formation
- Organoids formation
- Drug discovery
Integration of a culture patch into the modular microfluidic chip of Mesobiotech creates a complete organ-on-a-chip modular model.
Different patches can be used to culture cells or to differentiate Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (hiPSC) in dish or microplates in order to create your specific tissue patch (e.g. cardiac, neuron, etc). Then, the tissue patch (or other tissue culture inserts) can be integrated in the assembled Organ-on-Chip. Micro-chambers and micro-channels are patterned in both plastic plates of the chip to create two independent microfluidic systems: the upper and the lower chambers separated by the tissue patch. These two microfluidic chambers can be perfused with different culture media. Thus a tissue interface can be formed to mimic alveolar, stomach, intestine, kidney, liver, brain-blood, skin functions, etc.
A co-culture of two different cell types is possible as well. In order to seed the cells on both sides a coating of matrigel and collagen is needed. The ratio of the mix will be cell type dependent.
1x Culture patch
Honeycomb structure: 200 µm length, 20 µm wall thickness
Manufactured in PEGDA (poly(ethylene glycol)diacrylate)
Collagen/laminin: 100 - 200 nm thickness
Φ 13 x 0.2 mm²
|Nanofiber diameter||100-500 nm|
|Nanofiber thickness||< 1 µm|
The culture patch comes sterile and has to be stored in dry conditions, without direct exposition to the sunlight at room temperature (15-25 °C).
To grow your own 3D cell culture, the patch can be simply placed in a Petri dish, multi-wells, Boyden chambers or directly in a compatible microfluidic chip (click here for more information on the Organ-on-Chip setup). At the end of your experiment, the patch can be removed from the device for further analyses (e.g. imaging, proteomics, and genomics).
Tang, Y., Liu, L., Li, J., Yu, L., Severino, F. P. U., Wang, L., ... & Chen, Y. (2016). Effective motor neuron differentiation of hiPSCs on a patch made of crosslinked monolayer gelatin nanofibers. Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 4(19), 3305-3312. https://doi.org/10.1039/C6TB00351F
Tang, Y., Liu, L., Li, J., Yu, L., Wang, L., Shi, J., & Chen, Y. (2016). Induction and differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells into functional cardiomyocytes on a compartmented monolayer of gelatin nanofibers. Nanoscale, 8(30), 14530-14540. https://doi.org/10.1039/C6NR04545F
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Request a quote easily by clicking on the "Request a Quote" button in the cart page.
Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD, GBP or AUD, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping country, and can be estimated from the cart page. Our shipping rates and times are:
- France: GLS (1-2 business days), free shipping above 350€
- Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czechia, Slovakia:
- GLS (2-4 business days), free shipping above 350€
- DHL Express (1-2 business days), reduced rate above 350€
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, Greece, Cyprus, Malta: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- United Kingdom: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- USA, Canada: DHL Express (1-3 business days), free shipping above 400€
- Switzerland: DHL Express (1-2 days), free shipping above 450€
- Other countries: DHL Express, shipping rates based on the destination, weight and dimensions
If you wish to use your own shipping account, we will charge a flat fee of 15€.
We reserve the right to apply a surcharge for parcels > 30 kg, palletized shipments, or packages with dimensions exceeding the maximum dimensions of our carriers.
Please note that our standard shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place), or EXW if using your own carrier.
Contact us if you have any questions!