CytoTrapNano Assay Kit - Circulating Tumor Cells
- Product SKU: CY-C88801
- Category: Cell Culture Chips, Microfluidic Chips, Standard microfluidic chips
CytoTrapNano® Assay Kit developed by CytoLumina provides a sensitive and specific assay for the detection and analysis of circulating tumor cells (CTCs). CytoTrapNano® performance has been scientifically validated in several peer-reviewed research papers. This technological advanced prototype is now available for researchers thanks to the great synergy between CytoLumina and Darwin Microfluidics.
The Kit comes with 8x CytoTrapNano® Chips and all the reagents you need to perform 8 different assays!
The CytoTrapNano® system has been used in peer-reviewed studies (see them in the "Applications" tab) to capture rare circulating tumor cells (CTCs).
Cells tagged with biotinylated antibodies are specifically captured on the CytoTrapNano® chip. We provide enrichment, fixative and staining solutions to perform your assay of CTC isolation.
Intended Use: Research Use Only (RUO).
Key Technology Features:
Patented Technology Platform - the CytoTrapNano® system employs a revolutionary, exclusively patented cell-affinity nanostructured substrate-based sorting platform, integrated microfluidic system, and novel immunochemistry procedure.
High specificity and accuracy - Proven ability of the CytoTrapNano® system to capture CTCs, which is further confirmed with ICC and high-resolution morphology.
Proven Technology - Scientific validation at multiple medical institutions, with results published in high-impact peer-reviewed journals.
Capture and Identification of CTCs and Other Rare Cells by CytoTrapNano® Devices
Cells captured and immuno-fluorescently stained on CytoTrapNano® Chips can be viewed with a fluorescent microscope.* The CytoTrapNano® System has been used in clinical research to capture CTCs from patients with prostate, skin, pancreatic, liver, kidney and lung cancers. These devices have also been used in clinical research to capture and identify rare fetal cells in blood drawn from pregnant mothers. These results were published in high-impact journals.
*Note: Due to the opaque nature of the chips the microscope’s light source and lens must be on the same side of the chip.
For studies involving other rare cells, users will need to use their own capture antibodies and staining solutions.
CytoTrapNano® Chip and PDMS Cover
The CytoTrapNano® Chip is CytoLumina Technologies’ proprietary microfluidic CTC capture and screening nano-tech product. The chip has one nano-etched side with 3 parallel channels. Store the chip at 2-8o C.
After cell capture and staining, chips can be easily attached to a glass slide and reviewed with a fluorescent microscope.
CytoTrapNano® PDMS Substrate Cover
The CytoTrapNano® Chip Cover ensures that the chip is held firmly in the chip holder during the CTC enrichment process. The cover has one nano-etched side and contains inlet and outlet holes. Store the CytoTrapNano® PDMS Substrate Cover at room temperature (20-25o C)
Liquid Handling Option (essential)
CytoTrapNano® Manual Chip Holder
The CytoTrapNano® Manual Chip holder is a compact, simple device that ensures the chip and PDMS cover are held firmly to form microfluidic channels during the CTC enrichment and fixation process. The CytoTrapNano® Chip Holder can be used with a standard syringe pump system to capture cells on the CytoTrapNano® Chip.
The platform has been successfully tested with Tygon Tubing 0.04" ID x 0.07" OD and a syringe pump.
The CytoTrapNano® Assay Kit includes:
- 8 x CytoTrapNano® Chip
- 8 x CytoTrapNano® PDMS Substrate Cover
- 2 x 12mL Enrichment Solution
- 0.120mL 10x Fixative
- 1 x 0.096mL 50x Blocking Solution
- 1 x 0.020mL 100x Permeabilization Solution
- 8 x 25ug 40x Modification Solution
- 0.058mL Capture Enhancement Solution
- 0.030mL Staining Solution
- 0.008mL Fluorescent Dye Solution 1
- 0.008mL Fluorescent Dye Solution 2
- 0.008mL DAPI Stain
- 0.500mL Mounting Solution
The CytoTrapNano® Manual Chip holder is essential to ensure the assembly of the whole system and the connection with the flow controller.
Technical Protocol - CTC Assay
(1) Highly efficient capture of circulating tumor cells by using nanostructured silicon substrates with integrated chaotic micromixers. S Wang, K Liu, J Liu, ZTF Yu, X Xu, L Zhao, T Lee, EK Lee, J Reiss, ...Angewandte Chemie 123 (13), 3140-3144
(2) NanoVelcro Chip for CTC enumeration in prostate cancer patients. YT Lu, L Zhao, Q Shen, MA Garcia, D Wu, S Hou, M Song, X Xu, ...Methods 64 (2), 144-152
(3) High‐purity prostate circulating tumor cell isolation by a polymer nanofiber‐embedded microchip for whole exome sequencing. L Zhao, YT Lu, F Li, K Wu, S Hou, J Yu, Q Shen, D Wu, M Song, ... Advanced materials 25 (21), 2897-2902
(4) Subclassification of prostate cancer circulating tumor cells by nuclear size reveals very small nuclear circulating tumor cells in patients with visceral metastases. JF Chen, H Ho, J Lichterman, YT Lu, Y Zhang, MA Garcia, SF Chen, ...Cancer 121 (18), 3240-3251
(5) Polymer nanofiber‐embedded microchips for detection, isolation, and molecular analysis of single circulating melanoma cells. S Hou, L Zhao, Q Shen, J Yu, C Ng, X Kong, D Wu, M Song, X Shi, X Xu, ...Angewandte Chemie International Edition 52 (12), 3379-3383
(6) Circulating tumour cells as a biomarker for diagnosis and staging in pancreatic cancer. JS Ankeny, CM Court, S Hou, Q Li, M Song, D Wu, JF Chen, T Lee, M Lin,...British journal of cancer 114 (12), 1367
(7) Circulating Tumor Cells Predict Occult Metastatic Disease and Prognosis in Pancreatic Cancer. JS Ankeny, S Sho, P Winograd, S Hou, M Song, ZA Wainberg, MD Girgis, ...Annals of Surgical Oncology, 1-9
(8) Evaluation of hepatocellular carcinoma circulating tumor cells expressing programmed death-ligand 1. P Winograd, S Hou, S Sadeghi, RS Finn, B DiPardo, Q Li, FM Kaldas, ...HPB 20, S2-S3
(9) A Novel Multimarker Assay for the Phenotypic Profiling of Circulating Tumor Cells in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. CM Court, S Hou, P Winograd, NH Segel, QW Li, Y Zhu, S Sadeghi, ...Liver Transplantation
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
(10) Programming thermoresponsiveness of NanoVelcro substrates enables effective purification of circulating tumor cells in lung cancer patients. Z Ke, M Lin, JF Chen, J Choi, Y Zhang, A Fong, AJ Liang, SF Chen, Q Li, ...ACS nano 9 (1), 62-70
(11) Combined cell surface carbonic anhydrase 9 and CD147 antigens enable high-efficiency capture of circulating tumor cells in clear cell renal cell carcinoma patients. S Liu, Z Tian, L Zhang, S Hou, S Hu, J Wu, Y Jing, H Sun, F Yu, L Zhao, ...Oncotarget 7 (37), 59877
(12) Imprinted NanoVelcro Microchips for Isolation and Characterization of Circulating Fetal Trophoblasts: Toward Noninvasive Prenatal Diagnostics (vol 11, pg 8167, 2017). S Hou, JF Chen, M Song, Y Zhu, YJ Jan, SH Chen, TH Weng, DA Ling, ...ACS NANO 11 (12), 12863-12863
(13) Nanostructure embedded microchips for detection, isolation, and characterization of circulating tumor cells M Lin, JF Chen, YT Lu, Y Zhang, J Song, S Hou, Z Ke, HR Tseng Accounts of chemical research 47 (10), 2941-2950
(14) NanoVelcro rare-cell assays for detection and characterization of circulating tumor cells. YJ Jan, JF Chen, Y Zhu, YT Lu, SH Chen, H Chung, M Smalley, ...Advanced drug delivery reviews 125, 78-93
(15) Clinical applications of NanoVelcro rare-cell assays for detection and characterization of circulating tumor cells JF Chen, Y Zhu, YT Lu, E Hodara, S Hou, VG Agopian, JS Tomlinson, ...Theranostics 6 (9), 1425
(16) Noninvasive Prenatal Diagnostics: Recent Developments Using Circulating Fetal Nucleated Cells PJ Chen, PC Teng, Y Zhu, YJ Jan, M Smalley, Y Afshar, LC Chen, ...Current Obstetrics and Gynecology Reports, 1-8
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD, AUD or GBP, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and the country of destination: you can estimate the shipping cost on the cart page. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through DHL Express. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
Please note that our shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place). Please contact us if you prefer using your own courrier account or have any question!