Fast temperature control for live cell imaging of biological samples
- Category: Microscopes, Cameras
A microfluidic-based thermalization system to achieve ultrafast temperature regulation on your biological sample during live cell observations.
This system is the fastest temperature controller commercially available and seamlessly couples with both standard and inverted microscopes.
A microfluidic heater/cooler for live cell imaging
The system is fully automated and allows to change temperature between 5 and 45 °C in a mere 10 s with just one click. Furthermore, the temperature controller automatically accounts for room temperature variations and it does not require adapters (e.g. objective collars).
Why choose a microfluidic temperature controller?
Thanks to microfluidics' unique features, this system achieves unmatched speed and precision during temperature switches. Furthermore, as the thermalization chamber does not interface with your sample, no shear stresses are induced to the latter.
Lab-on-a-chip technology allows the temperature controller to be flexible and modular, so that it can be tailored for your specific application. Indeed, the system can be declined into three different packs, namely: C. elegans, yeast and mammalian cell packs.
Which types of samples can this be used on?
Currently, the microfluidic temperature control is optimized for studies on nematodes. The possibility to control the temperature so minutely opens a new world of possibile applications for your C. elegans researches. For example, temperature shocks have been shown to induce the depolymerization of the C. elegans embryo cytoskeleton (see figure below).
The flexibility given by microfluidics allows the temperature controller to be adapted to other types of samples as well. Configurations designed for yeast and mammalian cells are already available.
Overview of the product: what's in the box?
Seamless integration with your microscopy setup
We know how crowded can become the surrounding of your microscope, that is why we propose a complete plug and play system which easily interface with your existing setup.
User-friendly software: your experiments are just a click away
The system comes with a specific software developed with the user in mind. You just need one action to regulate the temperature of your sample during the experiment. Furthermore, the system automatically accounts for observations with immersed objectives and room temperature changes.
|Speed: 10 s|
|Range: from 5 to 45 °C|
|Precision: 0.1 °C|
|Accuracy: 0.5 °C|
Microfluidic temperature controller:
- Temperature homogeneity: 0.5 °C
- Absolute temperature precision: 0.1 °C
- Absolute temperature accuracy: 0.5 °C
- Range: from 5 °C to 45 °C
- Maximum sample volume: 40 µl
- Maximum sample height: 500 µm
- Customized PID control for fastest yet accurate temperature switches
- Room temperature monitoring for automatic corrections on the calibration
- Chose between dry or immersion objective lens observations
- Possibility to export measuring parameters to retrieve live temperature information
Software's system requirements:
- USB 2.0 or faster connection
- Intel pentium II 500 MHz or faster
- 2 Gb of free disk space
- Windows 7 and latest
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and on the country of destination. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through UPS. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
Please note that our shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place). Please contact us if you prefer using your own courrier account or have any question!