Flexdym polymer technology, an alternative to PDMS
- Shipped from France
Flexdym™ is a new patented polymer used for chip microfabrication as an alternative to PDMS. This biocompatible technology (certified ISO 10993-5 & UPS Class VI) allows to fabricate a chip in only one minute at prices way lower than any other technology! Self-sealing, Flexdym™ eliminates the tedious sealing step of PDMS chips fabrication and ease connections to input and output tubings.
Try our brand new biocompatible polymer with this ready-to-fabricate start pack! Contains 10 sheets of 15 x 15 cm. Contact us for custom chip manufacturing.
Next generation materials for microfluidic and polymeric MEMS for research and industry
Manufacture your microfluidic chips in a minute
Scalable process adapted for prototyping and industrial production
Accelerate your research and industrialization cycles
Our polymers feature extremely low viscosity for rapid thermal molding with filling rates up to 100-1000 times greater than classical rigid thermoplastics (COC, PS, PMMA,…). Our UPSClass VI/ISO 10993-5 approved polymer technology based on nanoblocks copolymer chemistry allows rapid sealing onto various substrate up to 5 bar loading pressure. 3D, multi-layered and large microstructured polymer sheets (up to 8 inches) are easily assembled without structural deformation and use of equipment.
Effective integration, cellular and bio-reagents
Our polymers’ high sealing performance enables the integration of cells, proteins and others enzymes biomaterials prior to assembly. With a fabrication process that doesn’t involve plasma, vacuum or high-temperature, we can ensure that biological agents remain viable and functional in your device.
Broadly effective at R&D and Industrial scale
Flexdym™ polymer can be molded with our traditional hot-embossing system or in your fume hood with cost-effective, user-friendly and compact Sublym™ microfabrication kit.We can also support further developments (clinical trials, industrials integration) by providing rolls and polymers pellets for injection, IR, and R2R molding.
FlexDym polymer, an alternative to PDMS chips
The FlexDym polymer is designed to offer an alternative to PDMS chips microfabrication. Here are the main strengths of this technology:
- Biocompatible: ISO 10993-5 & UPS Class VI certifications. No gloves or safety equipment needed to manipulate it.
- Rapid thermal molding: low viscosity with filling rates up to 100-1000 times greater than other thermoplastics (COS, PS, PMMA...).
- Fast and high performance self-sealing: nanoblocks copolymer technology, resists to a loading pressure up to 5 bar.
- Compatible for optical assays: low fluorescence, optically clear.
- No absorption, permeable to gas and not to liquid.
- Versatile: Easy to connect with self-sealing ports for different tubing dimensions.
An adapted material for soft-lithography
Flexdym™ has the advantages of PDMS without its drawbacks. With just a hot plate and and a vacuum heat press, your chip is ready in one minute and you avoid all the tedious process of microfabrication with PDMS.
- Scalable: Flexdym™ molding requires common industrial processes and can be easily transferable to larger production.
- Cost-effective: Better performances than the actual chips for a better price.
- Resistant to tearing: Unlike PDMS, a Flexdym™ chip will not tear apart when you manipulate it.
- Accurate: Microchannels width down to 50 nm.
Flexdym is an alternative to any other chip material in the classical applications of microfluidic chips: droplet generators, flow cells, micromixers, organ-on-a-chip...
This polymer is particularly interesting in life sciences: its biocompatibility make it simple to design any experiment involving cells, proteins or other biomaterials even prior assembly! The self-sealing technology is not destructive, unlike plasma, vacuum or high temperature used in the sealing of other chips.
See our Flexdym™ custom chip page for more informations!
Flexdym™ is a real breakthrough for microfluidics, and as a forward-thinking company we want to bring this technology to your lab.
Contact us to be a part of it.
|Flexdym sheet dimensions||150 x 150 mm|
|Thickness||300 µm / 750 µm / 1.3 mm|
|Hardness Shore A||35|
|Specific Gravity||0.9 g/cm3|
|Tear Strength||15 kN/m|
|Tensile Strength||7.6 kN/m|
|Molding Temperature||115-185 °C|
|Molding Pressure||35 Torr|
- Lachaux et al., Lab on a Chip 2016, L2017 Jul 25;17(15):2581-2594. doi: 10.1039/c7lc00488e
- Perrault et al. Insights on Polymers for Microfluidics Applied to Biomedical Applications
- Overview of Materials for Microfluidic Applications, IntechOpen 2016
- Roy et al., Lab on a Chip 2015, Lab Chip, 2015,15, 406-416, doi :10.1039/C4LC00947A
- Do I need a heat press for FlexdymTM
Yes, most heat presses or hot-embossers should work. A press that can mold at a pressure of at least 7 psi or above is ideal (a vacuum assisted press is not required). You may have to make small adjustments to optimize molding your chips. We offer a compact microfabrication kit, user friendly and plug and play system. Contact us for more informations.
- What size range is reliably micromolded with FlexdymTM?
- Which mold does FlexdymTM work best with?
- How do I clean FlexdymTM?
- Is the FlexdymTM appropriate for my fluorescence applications?
- How do I mold FlexdymTM as transparent as possible ?
- Why do I keep getting tiny bubbles in the plastic when I mold FlexdymTM
- What is the most effective way to sterilize FlexdymTM?
- Is FlexdymTM microfluidic chips used for cell culture?
- How do I seal FlexdymTM microchannels to a substrate?
- How do I control the hydrophilicity of FlexdymTM surfaces?
- How do I create inlet and outlet holes for my microfluidic channels?
- How do I prevent nonspecific binding?
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and on the country of destination. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through UPS. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
Please note that our shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place). Please contact us if you prefer using your own courrier account or have any question!