Microfilters for Modular Microfluidic Chips
These microfilters are designed to be easily integrated in modular microfluidic chips developed by Mesobiotech. The available patterns allow a wide range of applications from microparticle filtration to cell isolation.
Microparticles and cells can be isolated with high efficiency. By harvesting the microfilter from the chip it is also possible to collect them for further assays and cell manipulations.
Micro-engineered filters are available for high precision microparticle or cell isolation. Unlike conventional filters, these filters are made of regular and high precision hole arrays produced by high precision techniques of mass production.
The shape, size and density of the holes are designed to specifically allow the isolation of circulating tumor cells, fetal cells or endothelial progenitors in peripheral bloods. They can also be used for the isolation of microorganisms or other purposes of complex solution filtration.
Typically, the working area of the filter is 9 mm in diameter, containing up to several millions of regular holes. The thickness of the filter can vary up to a few tenths of micrometers. The mechanic stability of the filter is ensured by an additional supporting ring and the total filter size is of 13 mm in diameter.
The microholes can have different shape:
- Funnel shape
- 6 μm
- 5 μm
- 1 μm (only for funnel shape)
- 10 μm
- 30 μm
|Dimension||Φ 13 X 0.2 mm²|
The kit includes:
- 1x Microfilter
The microfilter comes sterile and have to be stored in dry conditions, without direct exposition to the sunlight at room temperature (15-25 °C).
The microfluidic chips developed by Mesobiotech were designed for reversible integration of various types of filters. The setup consists in two plastic plates in PC (Polycarbonate), each having four integrated magnets for reversible assembly and an elastomeric PDMS thin film to ensure good sealing. The Luer Connectors in the upper part of the chip allow liquid perfusion and dynamic flow conditions during your experiments. Click here to know more about the compatible microfluidic chips!
When a microfilter is placed between the two plates, solutions can flow in the upper and lower chambers separated by the microfilter.
Significative examples of filtration:
- giant cell trapping
- animal or bacterial cell isolation
- particle separation
- Sophisticated hole shapes
- Size down to 1μm
- Porosity up to 60%
- Flat and stable
- Optical transparent for convenient microscopic observation
- Easy handling
- Easy device integration
- Suitable for various downstream analyses
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at email@example.com
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and on the country of destination. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through UPS. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
Please note that our shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place). Please contact us if you prefer using your own courrier account or have any question!