NPG72 Polymer Starter Pack: alternative to PDMS
- Category: Cell Culture Chips, Electrophoresis & Electrochemistry Chips, Microfabrication, Microfluidic Droplet Generators, Microfluidic Flow Cells, Microfluidic Organ-on-a-chip, Micromixers Chips
- Shipped from France
Try our brand new biocompatible polymer with this ready-to-fabricate start pack! The NPG72 is a great alternative to PDMS: self-sealing, resistant, cost-effective and biocompatible, it will greatly ease your work when fabricating chips. Contains 10 sheets of 15 x 15 cm NPG72 polymer.
In this kit, you will be able to try the NPG72 with 10 sheets of 15 x 15 cm as an alternative to PDMS for your chip microfabrication. Different thicknesses are available upon request: 1.3 mm, 0.8 mm and 0.3 mm.
The NPG72 polymer is a real breakthrough for microfluidics
Features & Benefits
The NPG72 is a new polymer which gathers the advantages of PDMS without its drawbacks:
- Biocompatible (ISO 10993-5 & UPS Class VI)
- Self-sealing at ambient temperature: no need to use plasma bonding or high temperatures, you can then add biomaterials prior assembly
- Compatible for optical assays: low fluorescence, optically clear
- No absorption, permeable to gas and not to liquid
- Resistant to tearing: Unlike PDMS, it will not tear apart when you manipulate it
Effective integration, cellular and bio-reagents
The high sealing performances of the NPG72 enable the integration of cells, proteins and others enzymes biomaterials prior to assembly. With a fabrication process that doesn’t involve plasma, vacuum or high-temperature, we can ensure that biological agents remain viable and functional in your device.
- Molding with a hot-embossing system
- Low pressure: below 1 bar
- No vacuum needed
- Easy unmolding
- Full operation takes less than a minute
- Extremely low viscosity for rapid thermal molding with filling rates up to 100-1000 times greater than classical rigid thermoplastics (COC, PS, PMMA,…)
NPG72 is an alternative to any other chip material in the classical applications of microfluidic chips.
This polymer is particularly interesting in life sciences: its biocompatibility make it simple to design any experiment. The self-sealing technology is not destructive, unlike plasma, vacuum or high temperature used in the sealing of other chips.
|NPG72 sheet dimensions||150 x 150 mm|
|Thickness||300 µm / 750 µm / 1.3 mm|
|Tear Strength||15 kN/m|
|Tensile Strength||7.6 kN/m|
|Molding Temperature||115-185 °C|
Self-sealing and fast bonding
The NPG72 is easy to bond to either NPG72 or glass after molding.
|Bonding temperature||NPG72 chip on NPG72||NPG72 chip on glass|
|Room temperature||600 mbar||400 mbar|
|85 °C||5.5 bar||720 mbar|
Contact us for more informations.
NPG72 sheet (x10): Available thicknesses of 1.3 mm, 0.8 mm and 0.3 mm. Dimensions of 15 x 15 cm.
The commercial name "Flexdym" is mentioned in these articles, the other name of NPG72.
- Lachaux et al., Lab on a Chip 2016, L2017 Jul 25;17(15):2581-2594. doi: 10.1039/c7lc00488e
- Perrault et al. Insights on Polymers for Microfluidics Applied to Biomedical Applications
- Overview of Materials for Microfluidic Applications, IntechOpen 2016
- Roy et al., Lab on a Chip 2015, Lab Chip, 2015,15, 406-416, doi :10.1039/C4LC00947A
- Do I need a heat press for NPG72
Yes, most heat presses or hot-embossers should work. A press that can mold at a pressure of at least 7 psi or above is ideal (a vacuum assisted press is not required). You may have to make small adjustments to optimize molding your chips. We offer a compact microfabrication kit, user friendly and plug and play system. Contact us for more informations.
- What size range is reliably micromolded with NPG72?
- Which mold does NPG72 work best with?
- How do I clean NPG72?
- Is the NPG72 appropriate for my fluorescence applications?
- How do I mold NPG72 as transparent as possible ?
- Why do I keep getting tiny bubbles in the plastic when I mold NPG72
- What is the most effective way to sterilize NPG72?
- Is NPG72 microfluidic chips used for cell culture?
- How do I seal NPG72 microchannels to a substrate?
- How do I control the hydrophilicity of NPG72 surfaces?
- How do I create inlet and outlet holes for my microfluidic channels?
- How do I prevent nonspecific binding?
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at email@example.com
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and on the country of destination. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through UPS. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
Please note that our shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place). Please contact us if you prefer using your own courrier account or have any question!