Organ-on-a-Chip - Complete Setup
- Product SKU: MS-Kit-O1 / PEGDA-Gelatin
- Category: MesoBioTech, Microfluidic Chips, Microfluidic Organ-on-a-chip, Organ-on-a-chip Bundles
This modular organ-on-a-chip platform represents an innovative approach to creating 3D cell cultures and tissues with precise and continuous control of culturing parameters. It is possible to mimic tissue organization, cell-cell interactions, extracellular matrix influence, and physiological responses in a more in vivo-like environment. The inlets and outlets with integrated Luer connections ensure leak-free junctions with the tubing and allow experiments under dynamic flow conditions.
The setup includes microfluidic chips, a clamp, and culture patches! All you need to create your 3D cell culture.
An ideal organ-on-a-chip should be easy to use and with a reversible access to cells in chip for downstream analysis. Available in small pack (1 chip - 1 clamp - 4 patches) or large pack (4 chips - 1 clamp - 16 patches), this bundle contains everything you need to start your organ-on-chip experiments!
- Reversible patch integration thanks to the modular chip
- Leak-free Luer connection molded with the chip
- Highly-resistant and optically clear material
- Standard microscope glass slide size
The modular microfluidic chip has Luer connection ports and four integrated magnets for reversible assembly, and an elastomeric PDMS thin film to ensure good sealing up to pressures of 8 kPa.
The clamp, included in the pack, ensures good sealing with high flow pressures (up to 100 kPa). The chip is placed in a hand-screwed clamp for assembling and fast operation and, at the end of your experiment in dynamic flow conditions. Disassemble the clamp to get access to your chip and remove the tissue patch for further analysis.
The culture patch is a monolayer of nanofibers and supports the organization of cells in a functional 3D microtissue. The following options are available (more information about culture patches here):
- PEGDA microframe, gelatin nanofibers
- PEGDA microframe, gelatin nanofibers, collagen/laminin membrane (100-200 nm)
Thus, different patches are used to culture cells or to differentiate Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (hiPSC) in dish or microplates in order to create your tissue patch (e.g. cardiac, neuron, etc). The obtained tissue patch (or other tissue culture inserts) can be integrated into the assembled organ-on-a-chip. A co-culture of two different cell types is possible as well.
Tissues inside the chip can be observed by microscopy or harvested for downstream analysis.
- Neural or cardio-vascular networks-on-a-chip,
- Mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) or bone marrow-on-a-chip,
- ESC or iPSC-derived stem cells (ESC/iPSC)-on-a-chip.
Integration of 4 microfluidic chips with different tissue patches can create a body-like circulatory or micro-physiological system to investigate the mutual influences of different tissues (a body-on-chip). For example, a co-culture of human intestine, liver, skin, and kidney cells with a medium circulation loop could be assembled and represents a reliable platform for drug screening.
|Upper plate size||55 mm x 25 mm x 8 mm|
|Lower plate size||55 mm x 25 mm x 3 mm|
|Dimension for patch insert||Φ 13 x 0.2 mm²|
|Channel width||1000 μm|
|Chamber depth||500 μm|
|Material||PC with PDMS thin layer|
|Materials||PEGDA microframe, gelatin nanofibersPEGDA microframe, gelatin nanofibers, collagen/laminin membrane (100-200 nm)|
|Dimensions||Φ 13 x 0.2 mm²|
|Nanofiber diameter||100 - 500 nm|
|Nanofiber thickness||< 1 µm|
|Dimensions||80 mm x 25 mm x 3 mm|
|Number of windows||1|
|Window size||40 mm x 20 mm x 3 mm|
The Small Pack setup includes:
- 1x Microfluidic chip
- 1x Clamp for 1 chip
- 4x Culture patches
The Large Pack setup includes:
- 4x Microfluidic chip
- 1x Clamp for 4 chips
- 16x Culture patches
We offer different culture patches, choose them according to your cell culture and create your own 3D tissue.
The complete setup comes sterile and has to be stored in dry conditions, without direct exposition to the sunlight at room temperature (15-25 °C).
Tang, Y., Liu, L., Li, J., Yu, L., Severino, F. P. U., Wang, L., ... & Chen, Y. (2016). Effective motor neuron differentiation of hiPSCs on a patch made of crosslinked monolayer gelatin nanofibers. Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 4(19), 3305-3312. https://doi.org/10.1039/C6TB00351F
Tang, Y., Liu, L., Li, J., Yu, L., Wang, L., Shi, J., & Chen, Y. (2016). Induction and differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells into functional cardiomyocytes on a compartmented monolayer of gelatin nanofibers. Nanoscale, 8(30), 14530-14540. https://doi.org/10.1039/C6NR04545F
- Performing an experiment under dynamic flow conditions is possible in many different ways, it depends on the type of results you aim to obtain:
- If your experiment requires a short exposure time you can perform it without incubator by just keeping the medium at the right temperature and using CO2 independent medium (Leibovitz L-15 for example);
- If your experiment requires a prolonged incubation you can put the chip in the incubator and leave the perfusion system outside; the use of thin tubes (1/16" OD as an example) can facilitate the task because they can pass through the incubator's door without perturbing the correct closure.
- The sterilization of the components is possible by using a solution of 70% ethanol or by UV exposition (under the UV light of the hood for example).
- It would be possible to reuse the chip. However, we recommend to not use the chip with different cells in order to avoid any possible cross contamination. In our test, we use the same chip often with different patches of the same cells in culture but with some limitations: the chip has some PDMS parts inside and the prolonged use could increase the absorption of chemicals with possible toxic effects for the cells. The chip should be reused 3-4 times but this will strongly depend on your specific working conditions.
- You can remove bubbles from the device by priming it with culture medium. It is possible to inject the medium in the empty device with increasing pressures until bubbles are flushed away. We recommend to perform this process before to seed the cells. This should be easy if you seed the cells on the support once the device is assembled.
On the other hand, if you seed the cells on the support and then put it in the device, you can try to inject the media once the device is assembled. We suggest to start with a very low pressure and then to increase slowly the pressure and verify that the cells are not detaching from the support.
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Request a quote easily by clicking on the "Request a Quote" button in the cart page.
Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at email@example.com
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD, GBP or AUD, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping country, and can be estimated from the cart page. Our shipping rates and times are:
- France: GLS (1-2 business days), free shipping above 350€
- Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czechia, Slovakia:
- GLS (2-4 business days), free shipping above 350€
- DHL Express (1-2 business days), reduced rate above 350€
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, Greece, Cyprus, Malta: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- United Kingdom: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- USA, Canada: DHL Express (1-3 business days), free shipping above 400€
- Switzerland: DHL Express (1-2 days), free shipping above 450€
- Other countries: DHL Express, shipping rates based on the destination, weight and dimensions
If you wish to use your own shipping account, we will charge a flat fee of 15€.
We reserve the right to apply a surcharge for parcels > 30 kg, palletized shipments, or packages with dimensions exceeding the maximum dimensions of our carriers.
Please note that our standard shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place), or EXW if using your own carrier.
Contact us if you have any questions!