Sylgard 184 PDMS Elastomer
- Product SKU: DO-SYL184-11
- Category: Best Sellers, Microfabrication, Microfluidic Accessories, Microfluidic Chip Production & Prototyping
The most popular PDMS formulation for microfluidic chip fabrication, thanks to its unique properties: high transparency, low surface energy, biocompatibility, and good chemical resistance. Sylgard 184 PDMS can be molded into a variety of shapes and sizes using soft lithography techniques, such as microfluidic channel networks or microvalves, which can be used to control the flow of fluids within the device.
Sylgard 184 is a popular silicone elastomer used for the fabrication of microfluidic chips. It is made from a mixture of polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) and curing agents, and can be cured at relatively low temperatures to provide good thermal and mechanical stability, excellent optical clarity, and good chemical resistance. This makes it ideal for researchers and engineers looking to create their own designs.
The soft-lithography process using polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) elastomer involves the following steps:
Design and fabrication of the mold which will be used to create the desired pattern or shape on the PDMS elastomer.
Preparation of the PDMS elastomer by mixing the PDMS base and curing agent in the correct ratio (usually 10:1) and degassing the mixture to remove any trapped air bubbles.
Casting the PDMS elastomer over the mold and curing at a specific temperature and time to allow it to solidify.
- Peeling off the PDMS elastomer: once cured, it can be easily peeled off the mold.
Bonding the patterned PDMS piece to a glass slide, for instance, using oxygen plasma activation, to create a fluid-tight seal.
Some common uses of PDMS in microfluidics include:
- Droplet generation chips: generate droplets using various techniques to break up the fluid stream into droplets, such as by using a pressure gradient or by using a flow-focusing mechanism.
- Cell culture: fabricate microfluidic devices for cell culture applications, such as cell migration, differentiation, and drug screening.
- Mixing and separation: fabricate microfluidic devices for mixing and separating biological samples, based on size or charge.
- Drug delivery: to fabricate microfluidic devices for controlled drug delivery.
- Analytical chemistry: PDMS can be used to fabricate microfluidic devices for analytical chemistry applications, such as DNA sequencing or protein analysis.
1.1 kg Kit:
1x 1 kg of PDMS base component
1x 0.1 kg of Curing agent
5.5 kg Kit:
1x 5 kg of PDMS base component
1x 0.5 kg of curing agent
|Conditioning||1 kg base + 0.1 kg curing agent
5 kg base + 0.5 kg curing agent
Mixing ratio 10:1
|Viscosity||3.5 Pa.s (3500 cP)|
|Durometer||43 Shore A|
|Refractive Index||1.4118 @ 589 nm|
|Curing Temperature||25 - 150 °C (77 - 302 °F)|
|Typical Lifetime||1 year|
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Request a quote easily by clicking on the "Request a Quote" button in the cart page.
Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD, GBP or AUD, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping country, and can be estimated from the cart page. Our shipping rates and times are:
- France: GLS (1-2 business days), free shipping above 350€
- Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czechia, Slovakia:
- GLS (2-4 business days), free shipping above 350€
- DHL Express (1-2 business days), reduced rate above 350€
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, Greece, Cyprus, Malta: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- United Kingdom: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- USA, Canada: DHL Express (1-3 business days), free shipping above 400€
- Switzerland: DHL Express (1-2 days), free shipping above 450€
- Other countries: DHL Express, shipping rates based on the destination, weight and dimensions
If you wish to use your own shipping account, we will charge a flat fee of 15€.
We reserve the right to apply a surcharge for parcels > 30 kg, palletized shipments, or packages with dimensions exceeding the maximum dimensions of our carriers.
Please note that our standard shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place), or EXW if using your own carrier.
Contact us if you have any questions!