Fastec IL5 High-Speed Camera
Fastec IL5 is a compact yet powerful and versatile high-speed camera, widely used for laboratory applications. Easy to fit on a microscope, its advanced 12-bit 2560 x 2080 CMOS sensor allows to record videos at high resolution and speed (253 fps at max. resolution, up to 29090 fps at lower resolution). Long recording is made possible thanks to SSD storage options with streaming.
FasMotion advanced software makes it easy to control the camera and capture images or videos.
Lens not included.
Fastec IL5: a versatile high-speed camera
Fastec's IL Series high-speed cameras are compact yet versatile recording systems used for lab research, where speed and accuracy are needed. A common application of the IL5 camera is the capture of droplet generation experiments in microfluidics for droplet analysis, counting, or slow motion.
- Advanced 2560 x 2080 12-bit CMOS sensor with 5µm low-noise pixel for superior depth of field and high system magnification
- Full HD frame rates above 600 fps, over 20000 fps at lower resolutions
- Internal memory of 4GB or 8GB for standard high-speed recordings
- Onboard SD card and USB port as well as optional built-in SSD provide mass storage for sequential testing
- Optional internal SSDS up to 2TB with streaming capabilities are available for long record applications
- Wide ISO range
- Configurable I/O ports for data capture, triggering and sync
- Flexible triggering options include software, hardware, image, and timed triggers
- Built-in web interface for control via browser on PC, tablet, or phone
- Control your camera and capture videos with the FasMotion advanced software for Windows, Mac or Linux. Multi-camera controls, synchronization and batch downloads
More information in the brochure.
Recording rates and times
Four models are available depending on the maximum resolution the camera is capable of. The frame rates and recording times are detailed below:
Normal Mode *
Long record mode (with streaming option) **
All specifications subject to change. All record rates assume 8-bit data.
*Record times assume 8GB of memory. Divide Record times by 2 for approximate 4GB record times.
**LR Record times assume “D” option and 1TB SSD. Divide by 2 for 512GB SSD; multiply by 2 for 2TB SSD.
- Fastec IL5 high-speed camera
- 110/220VAC to 12VDC Power Converter with IEC-320 C8 AC Inlet
- I/O Cable with Sync In/Out and Trigger BNC's
- Standard Boot CAT6 flat Ethernet patch cable 10'
- C-Mount Lens Mount
- 16GB SDHC Card
- Fastec FasMotion Camera Control Software (included on USB flash drive)
- Operator's Manual and Quick Start Guide (included on USB flash drive)
|Sensor||12-bit CMOS sensor with 5µm square pixels, color or monochrome|
|Sensor Modes||Standard, binning 2x2 or 4x4; sub-sampling 2x2 or 4x4; Or 2x binning + 2x sub-sampling|
|Max Resolution by Model||IL5-Q: QSXGA 2560 x 2048; IL5-H: HD 1920x1080; IL5-S: SXGA 1280x1024; IL5-L SVGA 800x600|
|Light Sensitivity||1600 to 12,800* ISO monochrome, 800 to 6400* ISO color (depending on mode)|
|Shutter||Global electronic shutter from 3 μs to 41.654 ms|
|Image Memory||4GB (standard) or 8GB (optional)|
|Removable Storage||SD card (SDHC: 32GB maximum); USB flash drive|
|File Formats||Stacks – BMP, DNG (color), JPEG (selectable quality), TIFF, TIFF(raw); Video – AVI (selectable quality (compressed) or un-compressed), CAP(raw); Still – JPEG|
|Lens Mounts||C-mount (all cameras ship with C-mount), F-mount or PL-mount (optional)|
|Communication Ports||USB 2.0 device port (micro-B), Ethernet (10/100/1000Base-T)|
|Control Software||FasMotion (PC/Mac application), web interface (web browser on all platforms)|
|Six External I/O Ports||Trigger In/Out, Sync In/Out, Arm In/Out (LVTTL (3.3V) or switch closure); Any or all of the I/O ports may be used as Marker inputs|
|Marker Data Views||Camera display info line, playback timeline, FasMotion o-scope mode, XML file|
|Video Out||HDMI (1080p30, 1080p60, 720p, 480p)|
|Construction||Anodized machined aluminum housing|
|Power||10-26 VDC external|
|Power Consumption||22W maximum|
|Operating Environment||+5°C to +50°C|
|Size and Weight||184mm W x 112mm H x 50mm D. 1 kg (2.2 lbs.)|
*Higher ISO settings available via bit-shifting and analog gains result in lower SNR. Binning modes reduce noise
|WiFi||802.11 b/g/n, Security: open, WEP, WPA(2) - PSK|
|Built-In Storage||Solid State Drive (SSD): 256GB, 512GB, 1TB|
|Long Record||Streams uncompressed video to SSD at 480MB/sec; 8GB mem. + SSD required; ships with an external battery pack|
All dimensions in inches and [ ]mm. Mount 1/4-20 UNC on bottom is for tripod. Additional 1/4-20 UNC is located on the top of the camera. *On request 8-32 helicoils may be installed at the factory before the camera is shipped
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at email@example.com
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD or GBP, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and the country of destination: you can estimate the shipping cost on the cart page. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through DHL Express. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
Please note that our shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place). Please contact us if you prefer using your own courrier account or have any question!