Autoclavable Bubble Trap for Microfluidics
- Product SKU: LVF-KBT-S-A
- Category: Elveflow
This bubble trap is a simple yet effective device to remove the bubbles in your flow stream. Manufactured in PEEK, its body is entirely autoclavable and biocompatible.
Available in 3 versions of internal volume 23 µL (S), 95 µL (M), 362 µL (L).
Get rid of bubbles in your flow stream! The bubble trap is a simple device that uses the pressure differential between two sides of a hydrophobic PTFE membrane to remove bubbles from aqueous solutions.
Manufactured in PEEK, this bubble trap is biocompatible and fully autoclavable. The PTFE membrane can be replaced in seconds.
The L-shaped design of the bubble trap make it easier to stand on a lab bench.
- 1x Bubble trap body (lower and upper part) in PEEK
- 2x 1/4-28 fittings for 1/16" OD tubing + ferrules
- 1x M5 mounting screw
- 2x spare PTFE membranes
|Connection ports||1/4-28 UNF|
|Maximum operating pressure||2 bar (30 psi)|
|Dimensions (mounted)||47 x 34 x 28 mm|
|Flow range||5 µL/min up to 6 mL/min (more in active mode)1|
70% ethanol cleaning
23 µL (small version)
95 µL (medium version)
362 µL (large version)
1. In some applications (very low flow rate or high flow rate), you may have to use an external vacuum source to increase the pressure differential between the two sides of the membrane to get a better debubbling efficiency. Use the 1/4-28 UNF air outlet to connect your vacuum source.
- Which parameters can I choose when selecting my bubble trap?
The internal volume of the bubble trap is the only parameter you can choose. We have three variants : 23 µL, 95 µL, 362 µL.
- Should I select my bubble trap based on the flow rate of my experiment?
The flow rate is not the principal parameter you should take into account when selecting your bubble trap, as each variant of the device works for a large range of flow rates: researchers usually use it for flow rates up to 60 mL/min and down to 5 µL/min. However, the smaller the internal volume, is the less efficient the bubble trap will be for higher flow rates (see graph in the main tab).
- Which internal volume should I choose, according to my experiment?
A higher internal volume will trap more of your solution inside the bubble trap, and this volume cannot be recovered in output. So if the solution you are using is precious, prefer a lower internal volume. Moreover, if your flow rate is really low, a smaller internal volume will help for the good work of the device. See the graph in "Specifications" for more informations.
- Which pressure should I apply if I use the bubble trap in active mode?
You can use the bubble trap either in passive or active mode. In active mode, we have tested it for up to 2 bar applied with a vacuum pump. Then, it all depends on your experiment: if only 0.5 bar is needed to remove the bubbles from your solution, then it is not useful to increase the vacuum pressure.
- How should I clean my bubble trap?
You can autoclave the bubble trap or clean it with 70% ethanol if you work in sterile conditions, as the bubble trap body is made in PEEK. Always unmount the bubble trap and remove the membrane before autoclaving or flushing ethanol. Do not forget to flow water to remove ethanol traces, as the hydrophobic property of the PTFE membrane is lost when flowing ethanol.
- How often should I change the membrane?
As soon as you see a decrease of its efficiency, you can change the membrane of your bubble trap. There is not a theoretical duration of each membrane, because it all depends in which conditions you use your device.
- Can I use this bubble trap with living cells?
Of course! Many researchers use it, and we never had any negative feedback.
Feel free to contact us for any additional question!
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at email@example.com
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD or GBP, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and the country of destination: you can estimate the shipping cost on the cart page. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through DHL Express. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
Please note that our shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place). Please contact us if you prefer using your own courrier account or have any question!