Focused Flow Droplet Generator - sideconnect (pack of 3)
- Product SKU: MN-01365
- Category: Flow Focusing Droplet Generators, Microfluidic Chips, Microfluidic Droplet Generators, Micronit, Standard microfluidic chips
A pack of 3 focused flow (or flow focusing) droplet generators in glass with sideconnect interface to be used with the Sideconnect chip holder.
Available uncoated (hydrophilic) or with a hydrophobic coating, and nozzle sizes of 10 µm, 50 µm or 75 µm.
Focused flow droplet generators are widely used in microfluidics to generate highly monodisperse droplets of various sizes. This Micronit chip offers the following features:
- Manufactured from high-quality borosilicate glass, inert to most chemicals and biocompatible
- Precision etched microfluidic channels for reproducible results
- Three nozzle sizes: 10 µm (9-20 µm droplet range), 50 µm (40-90 µm droplet range) or 75 µm (65-140 µm droplet range)*
- Sideconnect interface: flow is less disrupted than with perpendicular connection ports, ideal for droplet reinjection
- Optimized nozzle geometry: etched on both sides (oval shape), stable and highly monodisperse droplet generation
- Uncoated (hydrophilic) for oil-in-water (O/W) droplet generation, or coated (hydrophobic) for water-in-oil (W/O) droplet generation
*Indicated reference droplet sizes are based on a reference experiment with Silicone oil 5cSt and DI water combined with 2% v/v Tween 20 or Tween 80.
|Nozzle height||10 µm||50 µm||75 µm|
|Nozzle width||14 µm||72 µm||105 µm|
|Channels height (all channels except nozzle)||17 µm||83 µm||125 µm|
|Inlet/outlet width||367 µm||433 µm||475 µm|
|Junction channels (around the nozzle) width||22 µm||88 µm||130 µm|
|On-chip filter size||8-10 µm||no filter||no filter|
Easily change the droplet size and frequency by tuning the flow rates of the dispersed and continuous phases. These chips are suitable for foam, digital PCR, single-cell analysis, encapsulation, particle and nanoparticle production, etc.
- FF droplet generator sideconnect 10 µm - technical drawing
- FF droplet generator sideconnect 50 µm - technical drawing
- FF droplet generator sideconnect 75 µm - technical drawing
- Droplet generation - white paper
- How to prevent clogging?
- Using the right surfactants in your droplet generator
- Finding the right flow rates in your droplet generator
- Surface wetting properties
- Units per pack: 3
- Chip material: Borosilicate glass
- Interface type: Sideconnect
- Chip dimensions: 15x15 mm
- Chip thickness: 1800 µm
- Inlets / outlets: 3 (use a T- or Y-junction to connect the two inlets of the continuous phase) / 1
- Compatible holder: Sideconnect chip holder
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD or GBP, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and the country of destination: you can estimate the shipping cost on the cart page. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through DHL Express. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
If you wish to use your own shipping account, we will charge a flat fee of 15€.
Please note that our standard shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place), or EXW if using your own carrier.
Please contact us if you have any questions!