2/2 Way Microfluidic Whisper Valve Type 6712
A compact microfluidic solenoid valve combining an internal volume of only 5 µL (incl. connectors), small dimensions and quiet switching with a response time of only 1 ms, for almost zero unused fluid and a reduced chance of contamination.
A separating diaphragm between the fluid and actuator gives maximum chemical resistance, making this valve a premium for a wide range of laboratory, medical and analysis applications.
Comes in a 2-way normally closed valve setup, with an optional 1/4-28 UNF manifold for easier connection.
The Bürkert 6712 whisper valve was developed for applications where compactness, precision at low flows, and reliability are required.
- 2/2 way normally closed valve, 24V DC
- Ultra-compact size (width 7 mm) and low dead volume of only 5 µL (including connections)
- Response time of less than 1 ms for opening and closing
- Quiet switching of 36 dB(A) for sensitive environments
- Two versions: PEEK body with FFKM (Kalrez) seal or EPDM seal for wide chemical compatibility. Choose the second version if working with fluorinated oils.
- For easier connection, the valve can be connected to a standard 1/4-28 UNF manifold in PEEK
In the world of microfluidics, precision and reproducibility are must-haves. Bürkert microvalves have been able to meet these demands through innovation solutions and precise manufacturing standards to provide devices that are both high performance and long-lasting. Control dosing volume with the utmost precision with a switching speed of 1 ms.
Create microfluidic droplets without the complicated flow control thanks to the high frequency switching that this valve is capable of.
Cross-contamination can be a serious issue in microfluidics, particularly when working with biological media. Thanks to their low dead volume designs, optimized flow paths, and precision molding, Bürkert has ensured that their microvalves are easily cleanable. Utilizing a diaphragm to separate the media from the actuation mechanism, this valve maintains this commitment to cleanability.
Low internal volume
When material costs are high, they should be used more efficiently. By minimizing the internal volume of their valves, Burkert not only improves their cleanability, but also facilitates the most efficient use of precious fluid resources. This microvalve is second to none, with a total internal volume of only 5 µL, for applications where material costs are high and the utmost precision and efficiency are needed.
Outstanding chemical resistance
Whether you're working with strong acids, concentrated solvents, or cell suspensions, Burkert microvalves are manufactured in close concert with their chemical laboratories to ensure their materials are being used to ensure chemical resistance in the most critical of applications. With three versions with PEEK body and FFKM seal or PPS body and EPDM seal, this valve is second to none in terms of chemical compatibility.
Low heat transfer to the medium
By keeping the actuating solenoid and the fluid chamber separate in their microvalves, Bürkert minimizes the uncontrolled heat transfer into the fluid medium. Additionally, low microvalve power consumption helps reduce heat production.
2/2 Way Whisper Valve Dimensions
1/4-28 UNF Manifold Dimensions
|Orifice and pressure range||0.8 mm, 0-3 bar|
|Back pressure||Max. 1.2 bar|
+10 to +55 °C (FFKM version)
0 to +55 °C (EPDM version)
|Typical service life||30.000.000 h|
Fluid chamber: 2 µL
Total (incl. connections): 5 µL
Max. 21 mm²/s
Single flying leads, AWG 26, 500 mm
24 V DC
|Voltage tolerance||+/- 10%|
|Power consumption||0.9 W|
|Duty cycle||100% continuous operation|
|Installation||As required, preferably with actuator upright|
|Protection class||IP40 acc. IEC 60144|
|Response times (measured at valve outlet with air at 3 bar and +20 °C)||FFKM version:
|Switching frequency||50 Hz|
|Switching noise||36 dB(A)|
|Approvals and compliance on request||
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Request a quote easily by clicking on the "Request a Quote" button in the cart page.
Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at email@example.com
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD, GBP or AUD, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping country, and can be estimated from the cart page. Our shipping rates and times are:
- France: GLS (1-2 business days), free shipping above 350€
- Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czechia, Slovakia:
- GLS (2-4 business days), free shipping above 350€
- DHL Express (1-2 business days), reduced rate above 350€
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, Greece, Cyprus, Malta: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- United Kingdom: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- USA, Canada: DHL Express (1-3 business days), free shipping above 400€
- Switzerland: DHL Express (1-2 days), free shipping above 450€
- Other countries: DHL Express, shipping rates based on the destination, weight and dimensions
If you wish to use your own shipping account, we will charge a flat fee of 15€.
We reserve the right to apply a surcharge for parcels > 30 kg, palletized shipments, or packages with dimensions exceeding the maximum dimensions of our carriers.
Please note that our standard shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place), or EXW if using your own carrier.
Contact us if you have any questions!