Microfluidic Bubble Detector
- Category: Microfluidic Flow Sensors, Microfluidic Sensors
- Shipped from France
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
This is a cost effective solution to register the presence of fluids inside clear tubing. The sensor is able to trigger a signal to another instrument and act accordingly in many ways: stop the flow, wait a certain amount of time, allow enough flow to clear the tubing or reset the sensor.
It is an easy way to stop an experiment if a bubble appears or to correlate flow rate behavior with bubbles that could appear during an experiment.
The microfluidic bubble detector comes in two different housings suited to the use with 1/16″ or 1/4″ outside diameter tubes.
It can be plugged directly onto a the Elveflow OB1 pressure controller, or it can be used as a standalone unit with the Elveflow Sensor Reader and another instrument.
The Bubble Detector cannot be directly connected to a computer!
Features & Benefits:
- Reliable non invasive technique
- Cost effective compared to camera check
- Based on true/false logic
- Large compatibility: wide range of tubing size
- Software average functions
- Use anywhere in your setup
- Prevents damage in cells with bubble bursts
- Setup automation (possibility to use if conditions)
Bubbles are a big challenge to address in microfluidics, as they can induce flow modifications or interact with the experiment and cause damages to the sample. One can monitor the formation of microfluidic bubbles (change of the working fluid) at any given point of his setup and automate the experiment accordingly (increase the pressure or switching valves to direct the bubble in another fluidic path for instance).
- Bubble detection
- Liquid level sensing
- Blood processing equipment
- Patent connected medical devices
- Perform bilateral recirculation based on air detection
Video: The following video shows how to detect microfluidic bubbles and change pressure accordingly and/or record events, in a very simple manner.
How the detection works: changing in the medium flowing (bubbles for instance) causes variations (diffraction and absorption) of the light path of the detector.
A LED creates a light beam at known power. This emitted light crosses the capillary and the fluid passing through. It is then collected by an NPN silicon phototransistor. This phototransistor converts the light power into an electrical power.
When a fluid changes, the optical index and the light absorption coefficient change accordingly. It induces a change in the electrical power and allows to detect changes in the fluid.
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and on the country of destination. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through UPS. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
Please note that our shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place). Please contact us if you prefer using your own courrier account or have any question!