Microfluidic Reservoir for 100 mL Glass Lab Bottle - L (2/4 port)
Versatile microfluidic reservoir caps made of corrosion resistant and autoclavable Delrin that can be fitted onto standard 100 mL glass bottles. A choice of two different microfluidic caps with either two or four 1/4”-28 threaded ports, allowing customizable interfaces with microfluidic fittings.
The microfluidic caps with 1/4"-28 threaded ports compatible with 1/16" OD tubing and are available in both 2-port and 4-port versions. The 2-port version is ideal for applications requiring only a single fluid output, whereas the 4-port version can be configured to allow for three parallel fluid outputs using a single pressure source.
The caps are made of autoclavable Delrin, a polymer material also known as acetal or Polyoxymethylene (POM) and possessing high strength and corrosion resistance to a wide range of compounds.
The standard 100 mL glass bottle has a simple yet robust design, allowing infinite reusability and giving the option of using large sample volumes or performing long microfluidic experiments.
Features & Benefits
- Delrin is highly resistant to corrosion, autoclavable and compatible with a wide range of solvents and organic chemicals
- Threaded caps can be screwed on to any standard 100 mL glass bottle
- Compatible with standard 1/4”-28 fittings for 1/16" OD tubing or smaller (not compatible with 1/8" OD tubing)
- Can be used with any type of pressure source up to 2 bar
- Simple design allows for quick and easy installation
- GL45 thread: adaptable on any GL45 bottle
The product is available in two versions:
2-port cap and 100 mL reservoir kit
4-port cap and 100 mL reservoir kit
Ports compatible with 1/4”-28 fittings for tubing with 1/16” outer diameter.
Note: this product does not come with 1/4"-28 fittings or microfluidic tubing. Cap may vary in color from that shown in photos.
The reservoirs are intended to be used in conjunction with a pressure source, whereby the reservoir is pressurized to facilitate the controlled pumping of liquid from the reservoir into a microfluidic system. An example of a complete setup utilizing the microfluidic cap and reservoir kit is demonstrated in the schematic below.
Working with systems under pressure above atmospheric pressure presents a safety risk, especially when working with hazardous liquids and gases.
Darwin microfluidics cannot guarantee the strength of the provided reservoirs beyond atmospheric due to the nature of their material, transportation, and end-user handling methods. It is thus the responsibility of the end-user to take necessary precautions to ensure their safety, including careful handling and operation and wearing personal protective equipment.
Working with pressurized reservoirs requires to follow some recommendations to ensure your security.
Recommended pressure range: from -900 mbar to 2 bar. The reservoir passed the resistance tests for pressures higher than 2 bar, nevertheless Elveflow does not recommend to use it under these conditions because mechanical damages could occur.
Pressure resistance tests have been performed on the pressurized tanks. Protocols and results of the tests are available upon request.
- Do not use a tube or a bottle that look damaged or has encountered a shock.
- Use only the same tube references if you need a spare one. We cannot guarantee that other references of tubes or bottles used by the end-user will withstand the same pressure ranges.
- Make sure that the tube/bottle used with Elveflow pressurized tube cap is adapted to the experimental conditions (chemical compatibility of the material, resistance to temperature, …) to fulfill security requirements.
- Use security equipment adapted to specific experimental conditions. You may be using pressurized reservoirs containing dangerous liquids and presenting explosion risks (protection glasses, security net or shield). Also, depending on the nature of the liquid, it is the user responsibility to use indicated security equipment (PPE, chemical hood, …).
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD or GBP, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and the country of destination: you can estimate the shipping cost on the cart page. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through DHL Express. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
Please note that our shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place). Please contact us if you prefer using your own courrier account or have any question!