BFS Microfluidic Coriolis Mass Flow Sensor
These mass flow sensors are based on the Coriolis principle which allows measuring the flow independently from the type of fluids (gases, water, oil, alcohol...). They are characterized by excellent precision over a wide range of flow rates from 1.6 µL/min to 500 mL/min. Four versions are available depending on the range of flow rates and the accuracy you need (0,2% or 2%).
These Coriolis mass flow sensors do not need periodical calibration and maintenance and this is one of their great advantages! In addition, they allow an extremely precise and real-time measure of fluid flow.
The sensors can be used with a very wide range of gases and liquids (water, oils, alcohols, mixed solutions/buffers) and the gathered results are independent of the working conditions (pressure, temperature, density, viscosity).
- High accuracy
- Direct mass flow measurement, independent of fluid properties
- Additional density and temperature outputs
- Bi-directional measurements
- Fast response
The device has a USB port to directly connect it to your computer (the USB cable is included) and you do not need a control station. Dedicated software comes with the device and allows you to easily control the sensor and gather all the measures. The working principle is based on the measurement of the mass flows (positive and negative) and additional parameters such as volume, flow rate, temperature, and density are shown as well.
1x BFS Coriolis Mass flow sensor
1x Power supply
1x Mounting block/shock absorber base
1x Sensor-to-RS232 cable
1x RS232/USB converter
1x Set of Ferrules for 1/16" OD tubing
1x 1/8" to 1/16" Swagelok stainless steel reducer (BFS2 and BFS3 only)
1x Bronkhorst calibration certificate (BFS1+ only)
|CORIOLIS FLOW SENSOR||BFS 1||BFS 1+||BFS 2||BFS 3|
|Flow range||0.1 g/h to 200 g/h||1 g/h to 2000 g/h||30 g/h to 30000 g/h|
|Minimum flow rate (water)||1.6 µL/min||16.6 µL/min||500 µL/min|
|Maximum flow rate (water)||3.3 mL/min||33.3 mL/min||500 mL/min|
|Mass flow accuracy liquids||down to ± 2% of measured value||down to ± 0.2% of measured value|
|Mass flow accuracy gases||up to ± 0.5% of measured value|
|Repeatability||± 0.05% of rate ± 1/2 (ZS X 100/flow) % based on digital output|
|Zero stability (ZS) (1)||< ± 0.02 g/h||< ± 0.2 g/h||< ± 6 g/h|
|Density accuracy||< ± 5 kg/m3|
|Temperature accuracy||± 0.5 °C|
|Temperature effect (2)||Zero drift: ± 0.01 g/h/°C||Zero drift: ± 0.02 g/h/°C||Zero drift: ± 0.5 g/h/°C|
|Mounting (3)||Any position, attitude sensitivity negligible|
|Device temperature||0...70 °C|
|Response time (t 98%)||0.2 s to fill the tubing then 35 ms|
|Wetted material||Stainless steel 316L or comparable||Stainless steel 316L or comparable|
|Optional: Hastelloy-C22||Optional: Hastelloy-C23|
|Pressure rating||200 bar||200 bar; higher on request|
|Sensor inner diameter||250 µm||0.5 mm||1.3 mm|
|Microfluidic fitting type||1/4-28||Swagelok|
|Internal volume||13 µL||0.45 mL||0.82 mL|
|Calibration||/||Individual calibration certificate|
(1) Guaranteed at constant temperature and for unchanging process and environmental conditions.
(2) Depends on the flow rate, heat capacity fluid, T amb., T fluid, and cooling capacity.
(3) To be rigidly bolted to a stiff and heavy mass or construction for guaranteed zero stability. External shocks or vibrations should be avoided.
This Mass Flow Sensor contains a uniquely shaped, single-loop sensor tube, forming part of an oscillating system. When a fluid flows through this vibrating tube, the Coriolis forces are generated and they bend or twist the tube. The extremely small tube displacements are detected by optimally positioned sensors and evaluated electronically providing superior flow measurement performances. The fluid cause a variable phase shift and the resulting output signal is strictly proportional to the real mass flow rate. The density and temperature of the fluid are secondary outputs.
Create your complete microfluidic setup with the BFS Coriolis Mass Flow Sensor and your pressure controller. The device allows you to work with different types of fluids at the same time. A sequential injection of liquid and gas is possible! The sensor together with its software can measure the flow rate in real-time with high precision and adjust the pressure of the controller accordingly in a highly efficient feedback loop.
The BFS Coriolis Sensor covers a wide range of flow rates and it is perfect for most microfluidic applications! Compared with the MFS Thermal Flow Sensor (click here for more information!), one single BFS Coriolis Sensor can work with the flow rate of 4 different MFS Sensors. This allows you to perform different experiments with the same device while remaining thoroughly precise.
Range comparison between a BFS Coriolis Sensor and the MFS Thermal Sensors (Flow range is given for pure water).
Error along the flow range
The Elveflow Smart Interface ESI allows intuitive control of microfluidic instruments in a few clicks. Its user-friendly interface can manage both basic control and complex tasks. The ESI microfluidic software has many applications in microfluidics, such as the generation of continuous fluid streams, dosing of volumes, generation of dynamic flow profiles, Optomicrofluidic control, etc...
- Pressure and Flow Rate real-time monitoring and recording
- Programming and automation of complex sequences
- Possibility to control different instruments through the provided C++, Python, MATLAB® and LabVIEW® libraries
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Request a quote easily by clicking on the "Request a Quote" button in the cart page.
Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD, GBP or AUD, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping country, and can be estimated from the cart page. Our shipping rates and times are:
- France: GLS (1-2 business days), free shipping above 350€
- Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czechia, Slovakia:
- GLS (2-4 business days), free shipping above 350€
- DHL Express (1-2 business days), reduced rate above 350€
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, Greece, Cyprus, Malta: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- United Kingdom: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- USA, Canada: DHL Express (1-3 business days), free shipping above 400€
- Switzerland: DHL Express (1-2 days), free shipping above 450€
- Other countries: DHL Express, shipping rates based on the destination, weight and dimensions
If you wish to use your own shipping account, we will charge a flat fee of 15€.
We reserve the right to apply a surcharge for parcels > 30 kg, palletized shipments, or packages with dimensions exceeding the maximum dimensions of our carriers.
Please note that our standard shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place), or EXW if using your own carrier.
Contact us if you have any questions!