BFS Microfluidic Coriolis Mass Flow Sensor
These mass flow sensors are based on the Coriolis principle which allows to measure the flow independently from the type of fluids (gases, water, oil, alcohol...). They are characterized by an excellent precision over a wide range of flow rates from 1.6 µL/min to 500 mL/min. Four versions are available depending on the rage of flow rates and the accuracy you need (0,2% or 2%).
These Coriolis mass flow sensors do not need of periodical calibration and maintenance and this is one of their great advantages! They allow in addition an extremely precise and real-time measure of the fluid flow.
The sensors can be used with a very wide range of gases and liquids (water, oils, alcohols, mixed solutions/buffers) and the gathered results are independent from the working conditions (pressure, temperature, density, viscosity).
The device has an USB port to directly connect it to your computer (the USB cable is included) and you do not need of a control station. A dedicated software comes with the device and allow you to easily control the sensor and gather all the measures. The working principle is based on the measurement of the mass flows (positive and negative) and additional parameters such as volume, flow rate, temperature and density are shown as well.
|Sensor - Flow rate range||
|Mass flow accuracy||Down to 2 % or 0.2 % depending on the variant|
|Connectors||1/16" OD tubing (fittings 1/4"-28 for 1/16" OD tubing are included)|
|High performance||Excellent repeatability and long-term stability|
|Ease to use||
|Response time||35 ms|
|Internal volume||13 µL|
- High accuracy
- Direct mass flow measurement, independent of fluid properties
- Additional density and temperature outputs
- Bi-directional measurements
- Fast response
This Mass Flow Sensor contains a uniquely shaped, single loop sensor tube, forming part of an oscillating system. When a fluid flows through this vibrating tube, the Coriolis forces are generated and they bend or twist the tube. The extremely small tube displacements are detected by optimally positioned sensors and evaluated electronically providing superior flow measurement performances. The fluid cause a variable phase shift and the resulting output signal is strictly proportional to the real mass flow rate. Density and temperature of the fluid are secondary outputs.
Create your complete microfluidic setup with the BFS Coriolis Mass Flow Sensor and your pressure controller. The device allows you to work with different types of fluids at the same time. A sequential injection of liquid and gas is possible! The sensor together with its software is able to measure with high precision the flow rate in real time and adjust the pressure of the controller accordingly in a high efficient feedback loop.
The BFS Coriolis Sensor covers a wide range of flow rates and it is perfect for most microfluidic applications! Compared with the MFS Thermal Flow Sensor (click here for more information!), one single BFS Coriolis Sensor can work with the flow rate of 4 different MFS Sensors. This allows you to perform different experiments with the same device while remaining thoroughly precise.
Range comparison between a BFS Coriolis Sensor and the MFS Thermal Sensors (Flow range are given for pure water).
1 year warranty - Without connectors
(1) Guaranteed at constant temperature and for unchanging process and environment conditions.
(2) Depends on the flow rate, heat capacity fluid, T amb., T fluid and cooling capacity.
(3) To be rigidly bolted to a stiff and heavy mass or construction for guaranteed zero stability. External shocks or vibrations should be avoided.
The Elveflow Smart Interface ESI allows an intuitive control of microfluidic instruments in a few clicks. Its user friendly interface can manage both basic control and complex tasks. The ESI microfluidic software has many applications in microfluidics, such as: generation of continuous fluid streams, dosing of volumes, generation of dynamic flow profiles, Optomicrofluidic control, etc...
- Pressure and Flow Rate real-time monitoring and recording
- Programming and automation of complex sequences
- Possibility to control different instruments through the provided C++, Python, MATLAB® and LabVIEW® libraries
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD or GBP, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and the country of destination: you can estimate the shipping cost on the cart page. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through DHL Express. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
If you wish to use your own shipping account, we will charge a flat fee of 15€.
Please note that our standard shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place), or EXW if using your own carrier.
Please contact us if you have any questions!