Fastec HS5 High-Speed Camera
- Product SKU: FS-HS5-QM08
- Category: Cameras, Fastec Imaging, High-speed cameras, Microscopes & Cameras
Fastec HS5 camera is designed for the most demanding applications, where high resolution and speed are needed.
Using a proven 12-bit CMOS sensor, the new HS5 allows a max resolution of 2560 x 2048, with an acquisition speed of up to 4061 fps @ 512 x 384 (up to 29000 fps at lower resolutions). This camera is particularly useful in microfluidics to capture biological or chemical events, or to monitor droplet generation processes.
The HS controller (not included) eliminates the need for a dedicated PC.
Fastec HS5: high-speed camera for microfluidics
Fastec's HS series utilizes a new architecture, allowing faster storage and easier image access. Optional built-in mass storage on the camera makes it easy to capture multiple high-speed events without the need to stop and download to a computer.
- Advanced 12-bit CMOS image sensor: Quad HD+ resolution (2560 x 2048)
- High speed: 253 fps at full resolution (2560 x 2048) up to 29000 fps at smaller resolutions
- Excellent depth of field and high system magnification
- Internal high-speed memory (8GB, 16GB, or 32GB) for standard mode high-speed recordings
- Optional internal high-speed SSD up to 2TB for mass storage of high-speed captures. Great for sequential testing
- Optional internal 1TB SSD with streaming capabilities for long record applications
- Proprietary high-speed fiber optic interface between camera and controller using COTS cabling
- Configurable I/O ports for data capture, triggering, and sync
- Flexible triggering options include software, hardware, image, and timed triggers
- Wide ISO range
- Dedicated camera controller: capture your images easily without a PC at an unrivaled speed. Compatible with standard displays.
- Built-in web interface for control via browser on PC, tablet, or phone
More information in the brochure.
Record Rates and Times
|Resolution||Max. frame rate (8,10 or 12 bits)||
Record time: 8 bits to 32GB internal memory
Record time: 8 bits streaming to 1TB SSD (with streaming option)
|2560 x 2048 (QSXGA)||253 fps||25 sec||12.5 min|
|2560 x 1440 (QHD)||359 fps||25 sec||12.5 min|
|1920 x 1080 (HD: 1080p)||634 fps||25 sec||12.6 min|
|1280 x 1024 (SXGA)||991 fps||25 sec||12.8 min|
|1280 x 720 (HD: 720p)||1403 fps||25 sec||12.8 min|
|1024 x 768 (XGA)||1316 fps||32 sec||16 min|
|800 x 600 (SVGA)||1677 fps||41 sec||20.5 min|
|768 x 576||2764 fps||54 sec||13.6 min|
|640 x 480 (VGA)||3289 fps||66 sec||16.4 min|
|512 x 384||4061 fps||84 sec||25.7 min|
- Fastec HS5 camera
- AC-DC Power Adapter (110-220VAC to 12VDC 5A)
- I/O Adapter Cables (3 x DIN 1.0/2.3 to Std BNC-F)
- Micro Four Thirds (MFT) or C Lens Mount
- 3 Meter Fiber Optic Cable
|System Design||Camera plus tethered Controller|
|Sensor||12-bit 2560 x 2048 CMOS, 5µm pixels, supports binning and subsampling|
|Interconnect||12 Channel Type B Fiber Optic patch cable with MPO connectors|
|Calibration Shutter||Built-in mechanical shutter for black-level calibration|
|Image Memory||8GB, 16GB, or 32GB (in camera)|
Up to 2TB NVMe SSD (in camera)
Up to 1TB NVMe SSD for streaming
|External Storage||Thunderbolt3 or USB-3.1 SSD, MicroSDXC slot with UHS-1 support|
Stacks – BMP, DNG (color), JPEG, TIFF (processed or raw)
Video – AVI, CAP (raw), MP4
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds (MFT) or C-mount; F, EF, PL, and more via adapters|
|Lens Control||Software control: Focus, Aperture, Zoom|
FasMotion native on Controller, with network support:
FasMotion (Windows/MacOS/Linux application) on networked PC
|Marker & Metadata||Image window playback time line, FasMotion o-scope mode, XML file|
|External I/O Ports||3 configurable ports: Trigger In/Out, Sync In/Out, Arm In/Out, or General Purpose In @ 3.3v LVTTL, or 5v TTL, or switch closure|
|Construction||Anodized machined aluminum housing|
|Power||Camera: 12V 30W; Controller 19V 90W|
|Environment||+5°C to +40°C|
|Size and Weight||
114mm (4.5”) W x 114mm (4.5”) H x 76mm (3”) D
1 kg (2.2 lbs.)
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Request a quote easily by clicking on the "Request a Quote" button in the cart page.
Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at email@example.com
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD, GBP or AUD, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping country, and can be estimated from the cart page. Our shipping rates and times are:
- France: GLS (1-2 business days), free shipping above 350€
- Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czechia, Slovakia:
- GLS (2-4 business days), free shipping above 350€
- DHL Express (1-2 business days), reduced rate above 350€
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, Greece, Cyprus, Malta: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- United Kingdom: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- USA, Canada: DHL Express (1-3 business days), free shipping above 400€
- Switzerland: DHL Express (1-2 days), free shipping above 450€
- Other countries: DHL Express, shipping rates based on the destination, weight and dimensions
If you wish to use your own shipping account, we will charge a flat fee of 15€.
We reserve the right to apply a surcharge for parcels > 30 kg, palletized shipments, or packages with dimensions exceeding the maximum dimensions of our carriers.
Please note that our standard shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place), or EXW if using your own carrier.
Contact us if you have any questions!