Fastec HS7 High-Speed Camera
- Product SKU: FS-HS7-HM08
- Category: Cameras, Fastec Imaging, High-speed cameras, Microscopes & Cameras
Fastec HS7 camera is the fastest camera from the HS series, designed for the applications where both resolution and speed are required.
Using a 10-bit CMOS sensor, the new HS7 allows recording videos in Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 2500 fps, up to 35000 fps at lower resolutions. This camera is particularly useful in microfluidics to capture biological or chemical events, or to monitor droplet generation processes.
The HS controller (not included) eliminates the need for a dedicated PC.
Fastec HS7: high-speed camera for microfluidics
Fastec's HS series utilizes a new architecture, allowing faster storage and easier image access. Optional built-in mass storage on the camera makes it easy to capture multiple high-speed events without the need to stop and download to a computer.
- Advanced 10-bit CMOS image sensor: Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080)
- High speed: 2500 fps at full resolution (1920 x 1080) up to 36168 fps (220 x 64)
- Excellent depth of field and high system magnification
- Internal high-speed memory (8GB, 16GB, or 32GB) for standard mode high-speed recordings
- Optional internal high-speed SSD up to 2TB for mass storage of high-speed captures. Great for sequential testing
- Optional internal 1TB SSD with streaming capabilities for long record applications
- Proprietary high-speed fiber optic interface between camera and controller using COTS cabling
- Configurable I/O ports for data capture, triggering, and sync
- Flexible triggering options include software, hardware, image, and timed triggers
- Wide ISO range
- Dedicated camera controller: capture your images easily without a PC at an unrivaled speed. Compatible with standard displays
- Built-in web interface for control via browser on PC, tablet, or phone
The internal mass storage (8GB, 16GB, 32GB) is the memory where videos are first stored: from this storage capacity is deduced the available recording time. A SSD or memory stick is then connected to that internal storage to store your videos on a long term. By choosing a SSD with streaming, the internal mass storage is used as a buffer to send the data to the SSD, allowing to record long videos.
More information in the brochure.
Record Rates and Times
Max. frame rate
8 or 10 bits (Normal mode)
Record time: 8 bits to 32GB internal memory
Max. frame rate
8 bits (Streaming to SSD)
Record time: 8 bits streaming to 1TB SSD
|1920 x 1080 (HD: 1080p)||2500 fps||6.6 sec||723 fps||11.2 min|
|1280 x 1024 (SXGA)||2634 fps||9.8 sec||1144 fps||11.2 min|
|1280 x 720 (HD: 720p)||3726 fps||9.8 sec||1627 fps||11.2 min|
|1024 x 768 (XGA)||3497 fps
||12.4 sec||1907 fps||11.2 min|
|800 x 600 (SVGA)||4455 fps||16 sec||3124 fps||11.2 min|
|800 x 450||5921 fps||16 sec||4184 fps||11.2 min|
|640 x 480 (VGA)||5537 fps||20.1 sec||4881 fps||11.2 min|
|512 x 384||6874 fps||25.2 sec||5000 fps||17.3 min|
|512 x 256||10136 fps||25.8 sec||5000 fps||26 min|
|412 x 212||12000 fps||32.6 sec||5000 fps||39 min|
|220 x 64||35168 fps||51.3 sec||5000 fps||2 hours|
- Fastec HS7 camera
- AC-DC Power Adapter (110-220VAC to 12VDC 5A)
- I/O Adapter Cables (3 x DIN 1.0/2.3 to Std BNC-F)
- Micro Four Thirds (MFT) Lens Mount
- MFT to C-mount Adapter
- 3 Meter Fiber Optic Cable
|System Design||Camera plus tethered Controller|
|Sensor||10-bit 1920 x 1080 CMOS with 10µm pixels|
|Interconnect||12 Channel Type B Fiber Optic patch cable with MPO connectors|
|Calibration Shutter||Built-in mechanical shutter for black-level calibration|
|Image Memory||8GB, 16GB, or 32GB (in camera)|
|Mass Storage||Up to 2TB NVMe SSD (in camera), streaming option|
|External Storage||Thunderbolt3 or USB-3.1 SSD, MicroSDXC slot with UHS-1 support|
Stacks – BMP, DNG (color), JPEG, TIFF (processed or raw)
Video – AVI, CAP (raw), MP4
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds (MFT) Standard; C, F, EF, PL, and more via adapters|
|Lens Control||Software control: Focus, Aperture, Zoom|
FasMotion native on Controller, with network support:
FasMotion (Windows/MacOS/Linux application) on networked PC
|Marker & Metadata||Image window playback time line, FasMotion o-scope mode, XML file|
|External I/O Ports||3 configurable ports: Trigger In/Out, Sync In/Out, Arm In/Out, or General Purpose In @ 3.3v LVTTL, or 5v TTL, or switch closure|
|Construction||Anodized machined aluminum housing|
|Power||Camera: 12V 30W ; Controller 19V 90W|
|Environment||+5°C to +40°C|
|Size and Weight||
114mm (4.5”) W x 114mm (4.5”) H x 76mm (3”) D
1 kg (2.2 lbs.)
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD or GBP, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and the country of destination: you can estimate the shipping cost on the cart page. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through DHL Express. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
Please note that our shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place). Please contact us if you prefer using your own courrier account or have any question!