Microfluidic Reservoir for 1.5 mL Eppendorf® - XS
This versatile autoclavable microfluidic adapter allows the use of (included) XS Eppendorf tubes (1.5 mL) in microfluidic systems using standard 1/4”-28 fittings interfaced with any pressure source. The adapter is easily installable, autoclavable, and infinitely reusable.
Features & Benefits
- Robust, durable design (hard anodized aluminum body)
- Infinitely reusable
- Installable in a few seconds
- Compatible with ¼-28 fittings for 1/16" OD tubing
For the first time our 1.5 mL Eppendorf® Adapter enables you to use disposable Eppendorf® tubes for your microfluidic experiment. Our microfluidic caps are compatible with both 1.5 and 2mL of regular Eppendorf® tubes. Our Eppendorf® caps are autoclavable and never come into contact with liquids. So you can re-use them, with a fresh new Eppendorf® tube, without the risk of sample contamination.
These Eppendorf microfluidic reservoirs are intended to be used with a pressure source, pressurizing the reservoir and forcing the liquid through microfluidic tubing and into the microfluidic system.
The schematic below illustrates a simple setup in which this reservoir kit could be used.
- Eppendorf tube microfluidic adapter (x1)
- (2x) 1/4”-28 threaded holes
- Compatible with 1.5 mL to 2 mL Eppendorf tubes
- Eppendorf tubes (4x) included
- 1.5 mL volume
Note: this product does not come with 1/4"-28 fittings or microfluidic tubing.
Working with systems under pressure above atmospheric pressure presents a safety risk, especially when working with hazardous liquids and gases.
Darwin microfluidics cannot guarantee the strength of the provided reservoirs beyond atmospheric due to the nature of their material, transportation, and end-user handling methods. It is thus the responsibility of the end-user to take necessary precautions to ensure their safety, including careful handling and operation and wearing personal protective equipment.
Working with pressurized reservoirs requires to follow some recommendations to ensure your security.
Recommended pressure range: from -900 mbar to 2 bar.
Pressure resistance tests have been performed on the pressurized tanks. Protocols and results of the tests are available upon request.
- Do not use a tube or a bottle that look damaged or has encountered a shock.
- Use only the same tube references if you need a spare one. We cannot guarantee that other references of tubes or bottles used by the end-user will withstand the same pressure ranges.
- Make sure that the tube/bottle used with Elveflow pressurized tube cap is adapted to the experimental conditions (chemical compatibility of the material, resistance to temperature, …) to fulfill security requirements.
- Use security equipment adapted to specific experimental conditions. You may be using pressurized reservoirs containing dangerous liquids and presenting explosion risks (protection glasses, security net or shield). Also, depending on the nature of the liquid, it is the user responsibility to use indicated security equipment (PPE, chemical hood, …).
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD, AUD or GBP, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and the country of destination: you can estimate the shipping cost on the cart page. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through DHL Express. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
Please note that our shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place). Please contact us if you prefer using your own courrier account or have any question!