Axiocam 702 mono Fast Camera
The Axiocam 702 mono camera from ZEISS is specifically designed for high-performance imaging at low light, and more particularly for live fluorescent cell acquisition.
Its 2.3 MP CMOS sensor of 1/1.2" (diagonal 13.3 mm) can reach a frame rate of 128 fps at full resolution (1920 x 1216).
This camera embeds a Peltier cooling technology, ensuring low noise, low light sensitivity and reproducible images, especially in dark areas or for long exposures.
- 2.3 Megapixel low image noise CMOS sensor
- 128 frames per second at full resolution (1920 x 1216)
- Peltier cooling system for low read noise
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) mode for extended bit depth imaging
- Fast USB 3.0 connection
- Global shutter readout avoids CMOS rolling shutter image distortions
- Hardware trigger support in ZEN multidimensional acquisition
- Fast and efficient operation with ZEN Software
Fast Imaging At Low Light
Whether the task is high resolution imaging requiring sensitivity or keeping up with fast dynamic events, Axiocam 702 mono can do the job. Axiocam 702 mono uses a global shutter CMOS chip offering full frame speeds of 128 frames per second and more than 1000 frames per second with smaller frame sizes. Easy to use and learn ZEN software drives the camera with seamless integration and compatibility with multiple ZEISS stands and microscopes systems.
1. Indian Muntjac cultured cells. Sample courtesy of Michael W. Davidson, Florida State University
2. Mouse kidney section. Sample courtesy of Michael W. Davidson, Florida State University
Axiocam 702 mono
|Sensor Model||Sony IMX174 Exmor Pregius|
|Active Pixel CMOS|
|Selected sensor quality|
|Sensor Pixel Count||2.3 MP: 1920 (H) x 1216 (V)|
|Pixel Size||5.86 μm x 5.86 μm|
|Sensor Size||Effective sensor size: 11.3 mm x 7.1mm; image diagonal 11.3mm, equivalent to 1/1.2" sensor format|
|Spectral Sensitivity Range||Approx. 350 nm – 1000 nm, coated BK 7 protective glass|
|Max Full Well Capacity (typical)||32000 e|
|Digitization||14 bit (by data processing, native 12 bit by ADC)|
|Readout Speed||594 Mbit/s over 8 channels|
|Readout Noise (typical)||min 3.75e at gain 16×|
|Dynamic Range (typical)||Typical > 5000:1 at gain 1×, HDR Mode 25.000:1|
|Dark Current (typical)||<1.1e/p/s at 15° C sensor temperature|
|Cooling||Regulated thermoelectric cooling (power supplied through USB 2.0 ports)|
|Delta-T 23 °C, sensor temperature 15 °C|
|Dark Current Compensation||Dark current compensation for best low light performance at long exposure times|
|Exposure Time Range||
0.1ms − 60 s
|Frame Rates||Pixel Count (H x V)||FPS @ Exposure Time <1 ms|
|1920 x 1216||128|
|1920 x 720||210|
|1920 x 512||288|
|1920 x 256||534|
|1920 x 128||881|
|1024 x 112||1003|
|Color Interpolation Mode||n.a.|
|Live Frame Rates||Max. Frame Rate||Mode||Resolution / Pixel|
|Max. Ratings at optimum settings||>100 fps||1 / slow||1920 x 1216|
|Data-Post Processing (optional)||Lens specific shading correction|
|Black reference, dark current compensation|
|Special Features||Timing from camera for precise acquisition timing|
|Auto Bandwith Optimization for maximum image transmission speed|
|Adjustable intensity of status LED|
|Special Preset Modes||Eight pre-loadable sets of imaging parameters for speed optimized multi modal image acquisition (internally used by ZEN)|
|Overlapping exposure and readout for fast time lapse imaging|
|High Dynamic Range||Dynamic Range 1:25.000 at 5e read noise (equivalent full well 160.000e)|
|Region of Interest (ROI)||User defined imaging sub area for improvement of readout speed and reduction of amount of data|
|Hardware Trigger||Galvanically isolated I / O-signals|
|Three output signals: exposure time, readout time, trigger ready, i.e. for controlling external mechanical shutters|
|One trigger input for exposure control, 5 V auxiliary voltage, GND|
|Status LED||Top LED: camera status (acquisition, power, cooling, speed)
|Back LED: trigger status|
|Interface||USB 3.0 SuperSpeed (5 Gbit / s)|
|Bandwidth max. 300 MB / s|
|USB 2.0 optional, with lower speed|
|Optical Interface||C-Mount (17.5 mm)|
|Max. File Size per Image||Approx. 4,7 MB per image with 1920 x 1216 Pixels at 14 Bit / Pixel|
|Operating Systems||Microsoft® Windows 7 Ultimate, Enterprise and higher|
|Size (W x H x D) / Weight||10.8 cm x 4.3 cm x 7.8 cm / 500 g|
|Housing||Blue anodized aluminum|
|¼" standard camera mount screw thread|
|Zero vibration by convection-cooling, optimized cooling fins|
|Teflon coated C-Mount thread|
|Power Supply||Max. 7 W power consumption power by USB 2.0 and USB 3.0-Bus from PC|
|For maximum performance connection to USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 required, dual connection cabling provided with camera|
|Ambient Conditions (Operation)||+ 5 °C ... + 35 °C|
|Max. 80 % relative humidity, non-condensing|
|Free air circulation required|
|Ambient Conditions (Storage)||– 15 °C ... + 60 °C|
|90 % relative humidity at + 40 °C, 80 % relative humidity at + 20 °C, non-condensing|
All frame rates are maximum values at short exposure times below readout time of the sensor. Exposure time, computer hardware operating system and software can reduce the maximum achievable frame rates. By using binning or sensor sub regions (ROI), the frame rates can be further increased. Technical data is subject to changes due to technical progress.
While buying your camera at Darwin Microfluidics, benefit of the amazing ZEISS customer service
Because the ZEISS microscope system is one of your most important tools, we make sure it is always ready to perform. What’s more, we’ll see to it that you are employing all the options that get the best from your microscope. You can choose from a range of service products, each delivered by highly qualified ZEISS specialists who will support you long beyond the purchase of your system. Our aim is to enable you to experience those special moments that inspire your work.
Repair. Maintain. Optimize.
Attain maximum uptime with your microscope. A ZEISS Protect Service Agreement lets you budget for operating costs, all the while reducing costly downtime and achieving the best results through the improved performance of your system. Choose from service agreements designed to give you a range of options and control levels. We’ll work with you to select the service program that addresses your system needs and usage requirements, in line with your organization’s standard practices. Our service on-demand also brings you distinct advantages. ZEISS service staff will analyze issues at hand and resolve them whether using remote maintenance software or working on site.
Enhance Your Microscope System.
Your ZEISS microscope system is designed for a variety of updates: open interfaces allow you to maintain a high technological level at all times. As a result you’ll work more efficiently now, while extending the productive lifetime of your microscope as new update possibilities come on stream.
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Request a quote easily by clicking on the "Request a Quote" button in the cart page.
Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at email@example.com
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD, GBP or AUD, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping country, and can be estimated from the cart page. Our shipping rates and times are:
- France: GLS (1-2 business days), free shipping above 350€
- Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czechia, Slovakia:
- GLS (2-4 business days), free shipping above 350€
- DHL Express (1-2 business days), reduced rate above 350€
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, Greece, Cyprus, Malta: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- United Kingdom: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- USA, Canada: DHL Express (1-3 business days), free shipping above 400€
- Switzerland: DHL Express (1-2 days), free shipping above 450€
- Other countries: DHL Express, shipping rates based on the destination, weight and dimensions
If you wish to use your own shipping account, we will charge a flat fee of 15€.
We reserve the right to apply a surcharge for parcels > 30 kg, palletized shipments, or packages with dimensions exceeding the maximum dimensions of our carriers.
Please note that our standard shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place), or EXW if using your own carrier.
Contact us if you have any questions!