Herringbone Mixer - Glass Chip
This micromixer chip is a useful tool for mixing liquids through the herringbone-shaped channel optimally. Its convenient 1/4-28 UNF threaded ports allow to connect the chip to your setup in a second!
The easy set-up of this versatile glass chip offers a rapid way to mix two fluids by decreasing the necessary length for diffusion and increasing the probability for solute transport between fluids.
This herringbone chip is convenient, cost-effective and reliable for all your experiments:
- Highly-resistant and optically clear glass
- Standard microscope glass slide size (25 x 75 mm)
- Standard 1/4-28 UNF threaded ports
- Easy handling
Simply connect the chip to your setup using 1/4"-28 fittings for 1/16" OD or 1/8" OD tubing.
Here are optional accessories compatible with the chip. You can select these options above or directly add them to your cart through their product pages.
Connect your chip using:
- Slide format: 25 x 75 m
- Channel depth: 0.08 mm
- Channel width: 0.1 to 0.5 mm
- Volume: 3.3 µL
- Volume Mixer: 0.47 µL
- Length Mixer: 28.7 mm
- Material: Glass
- Connectors: 1/4″-28 Fittings
In the mixing section there are 6 mixing elements (chevrons) form one block (half cycle) and 30 blocks, so there are 15 complete cycles in total. The chip is tested with pressures from 1 to 3 bar, but there are also few examples of utilisation up to 10 bar.
- The two arms of one chevron are 1/3 to 2/3 of the channel dimension (200 µm)
- The distance between the chevrons is 50 µm
- Each mixing element is 50 µm width and 30 µm height
T-29 Herringbone Mixer
The Herringbone Mixer significantly accelerates the mixing in the low Reynolds number regime by inducing the formation of chaotic flows.
The microchannel presents a specific pattern with asymmetric herringbone shaped grooves on its bottom able to generate helical flow and chaotic stirring for mixing two liquids.
Mixing of the fluid flowing through microchannels is important in a variety of applications: e.g., in the homogenization of solutions of reagents used in chemical reactions.
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at email@example.com
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD, AUD or GBP, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and on the country of destination. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through DHL Express. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
Please note that our shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place). Please contact us if you prefer using your own courrier account or have any question!