Advanced Programmable Syringe Pump PHD ULTRA
- Product SKU: HA-70-3007
- Category: Harvard Apparatus, Microfluidic Syringe pump, Pumps & Flow Controllers
A high accuracy advanced programmable infusion/withdrawal syringe pump capable of running up to 10 syringes at the same time. This pump represents the latest technology in syringe pumps and it allow you to smoothly delivers fluid volumes from hundreds of milliliters per minute all the way down to pico-liter per minute volumes. It is perfectly suited to microfluidic applications where a wide range of flow rates or a high force is necessary.
This pump can be easily programmed and controlled without a computer through its intuitive touchscreen display and has a multitude of connection options.
Superior functionalitiesFlow rates from 1.50 pL/min to 216 mL/min are delivered with a high grade of accuracy (0.25%) and reproducibility (0.05%). A small step angle stepper motor, controlled by a microprocessor, drives a lead screw and pusher block. Advanced micro-stepping techniques are employed to further reduce the step angle and eliminate flow pulsation.
- Advanced programs for infusion and withdrawal
- Running simple to complex methods without the need of a computer
- Use in constant flow or constant pressure mode
- Automatic correction of the flow rate to maintain constant pressure
- Highly modular multi-syringe operation (up to 10 syringes simultaneously)
- Intuitive LCD color touch screen and icon interface for an high user-friendly control
- Vertical or horizontal orientation
- Adjustable linear force to 75 lb
- 2 year warranty
The Harvard Apparatus PHD ULTRA syringe pump series is a family of high-accuracy, easy to use, rugged pumps. This pump can be oriented vertically or horizontally for optimum experimental connectivity and it comes standard to hold 2 syringes.
Additionally, it can be purchased with 2 other syringe racks: 6/10 syringe rack, 4x140 ml syringe rack and and 4 x microliter syringe rack. Multi-syringe racks provide multi-channel operation or serve as a large capacity reservoir.
Multiple Syringe Options
Available syringe racks
- The standard 2-syringe rack holds 2 syringes from 0.5 μl to 140 ml
- The 4 x 140 multi-rack holds four 60 ml or 140 ml plastic syringes only
- 6/10 multi-rack will hold up to 10 syringes from 0.5 μl to 20 ml and up to 6 syringes from 30 ml to 60 ml
- The microliter syringe rack independently holds 4 syringes, from 0.5 μl to 10 ml, enabling syringes of different sizes to run simultaneously.
Touch Screen Interface
The high resolution LCD touch screen with intuitive icon interface grants users unparalleled ease of use. You can create, save and run both simple and complex multi-step pumping methods without a PC then clearly monitor all key parameters displayed directly on the touch screen interface.
The Harvard Apparatus PHD ULTRA Series Existing Methods and User Defined Methods are composed of Pump Operation Profiles that can be selected along with a syringe selection, commands, and I/O triggers to create a Method. The four available Pump Operation Profiles available for selection can be seen below.
These pre-programmed profiles can be selected for quick and easy configuration of the pumps. If more complexity is needed a User Defined Method can be made up of the pump operation profiles with up to 50 individual steps consisting of the following commands:
- Time delays
- Repeating steps
- Stopping the pump
- Triggering the pump’s TTL output
- Accepting an input, such as a user touch
- Events triggering infusion or withdrawal
Methods can be named with a 15 character alphanumeric name for easy identification and stored on a computer for later retrieval. Methods can be edited, renamed, deleted, appended to one another and exported to other pumps, giving maximum flexibility and control to the syringe pump users.
The Harvard Apparatus PHD ULTRA series offer a multitude of connection options for controlling and programming the syringe pumps. It has a USB serial port for computer control, a footswitch input port, RS-485 ports for daisy chaining pumps, and a digital input/output for external control through a computer or other device. Pumps can also be daisy chained using the optional RS-232 (RJ-11) ports (inquire about this option!).
Applications of the Harvard Apparatus PHD ULTRA Series Syringe Pumps
The Harvard Apparatus PHD ULTRA Series syringe pumps are highly versatile and have been demonstrated to excel in a wide variety of applications and fields. Some of the many possible applications of the Harvard Apparatus PHD ULTRA Series syringe pumps:
Microfluidics: the PHD ULTRA Series pumps have the flow stability and accuracy required for demanding microfluidic and nanofluidic applications. They can for example be used for fluid flow control to mix flow streams or create non-mixing parallel flow streams.
Cell biology: requiring the precise control of very small volumes of fluid, cell biological applications involving microinjections of viruses and plasmids etc. can be reliably performed with these pumps.
Micro liquid chromatography: easily generate binary and ternary gradients over a wide range of flow rates and pressures for chromatographic analyses.
Infusion and drug delivery: maintain critical dosing regimens and interpretation of pharmacokinetics by delivering accurate and smooth flows.
Mass spectrometry calibration: the longstanding standard for research instrument calibration and solvent elimination, the Pump 11 series excels at the precise and pulse free flows required to optimize these processes.
And many more, including electrospinning, microdialysis, nutritional studies, toxicology studies, and titrations.
Control of individual or multiple syringe pumps.
Create, run and save methods of varying complexity.
Displays all key pump parameters during operation.
Simultaneously control pumps of different models.
Graph pumping parameters.
Save and print pump data logs.
The Harvard Apparatus FlowControl software program gives users the option to control their syringe pumps with a PC instead of the LCD touch screen interface. It is designed to work with Harvard Apparatus Syringe Pumps, including the PHD ULTRA Series pumps, that have an RS-232 or USB serial input.
Single and Multiple Pump Control
The Harvard Apparatus FlowControl software can control both an individual syringe pump as well as multiple pumps connected in a daisy chain or USB hub. Users can enter syringe data, flow rate and flow direction (infusion or withdrawal). The flow rate and flow direction can both by modified while the pump is running. The software allows you to create, edit, save, and recall simple to complex methods for controlling individual pumps and multiple pumps.
Quickly and easily monitor the status of whether each of your pumps is ready, off-line or detecting an error, notifying you to check the connections.
Real-time data graphing
The FlowControl software allows you to graphically monitor the flow parameters, such as infuse and refill rates and volume dispenses, of each independent pump in addition to displaying them in the Method Execution window.
Create data logs in excel reports (*.xls), bitmap report (*.bmp) and experimental notes (*.txt) to track the syringe pump activity based on the specific method being used. This allows users to record screenshots of the pump flow evaluation (bitmap report), notes taken by the user during the experiment (experimental notes) and the method parameter details (Excel report).
Harvard Apparatus PHD ULTRA Syringe Pump Specifications
- Type: Microprocessor Dual Syringe, Infusion/Withdrawal Programmable
- Accuracy: ± 0.25%
- Reproducibility: ± 0.05%
- Type: Plastic, glass or stainless steel
- Size (single syringe): 0.5 μL to 140 mL
- Flow Rate: PHD ULTRA
- Single Syringe: 1.50 pL/min to 216.0 mL/min
- Display: 4.3" WQVGA TFT Color Display with Touchscreen
- RS-485: IEEE-1394, 6 position
- RS-232: 9-pin D-Sub Connector
- USB: Type B
- I/O & TTL: 15-Pin D-Sub Connector
- Footswitch: Mini Phono Jack
- Average Linear Force: 34 kg (75 lbs) at 100% Force Selection
- Step Resolution: 0.082 μm/μstep
- Input Power: 12-30 VDC
- Input Power Connection: 2.5 mm ID x 5.5 mm OD male plug
- Power Supply: 100-240 Vac, 50/60 Hz, 8 watts universal power supply, use only a Harvard Apparatus approved power supply and line cord.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 10.16 x 30.48 x 21.59 cm (4 x 12 x 8.5 in)
- Weight: 4.5 kg (10 lbs)
- Regulatory Certifications: CE, ETL (UL, CSA), WEEE, EU, RoHS & CB Scheme
Harvard Apparatus has a longstanding tradition supporting bioresearch fluidics since its establishment in 1901 and the release of the first commercial syringe pump for bioresearch in 1956. Since then, then Harvard Apparatus has become the gold standard for high quality reliable syringe and peristaltic pumps. Their broad range of pumps are tailored to high performance in almost every application imaginable.
The Harvard Apparatus Pump 11 Pico Plus Elite Series is exceptionally well adapted for low flow rates and distinguishes itself from other syringe pumps by maintaining accurate and smooth flows without the flow pulsations that has been conventionally characteristic of syringe pumps. It integrates an easy-to-use LCD touch screen that allows it to be controlled and programmed independent of a computer. It excels in applications like cellular injection, microdialysis, general microfluidics, perfusion and animal drug/nutrition studies.
The Harvard Apparatus PHD ULTRA and Pump 11 Elite Series (coming soon to Darwin Microfluidics!) also take advantage of an easy-to-use touch screen interface and fit perfectly into applications where there is a need for slightly higher flowrates than those from the Pico Plus Elite Series. They shine in a wide variety of applications, such as microfluidics, LP chromatography, microreactors, drug/nutritional studies, and electrospinning.
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at email@example.com
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD, AUD or GBP, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and the country of destination: you can estimate the shipping cost on the cart page. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through DHL Express. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
Please note that our shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place). Please contact us if you prefer using your own courrier account or have any question!