Advanced Programmable Syringe Pump PHD ULTRA
- Product SKU: HA-70-3005
- Category: Harvard Apparatus, Microfluidic Syringe pump, Pumps & Flow Controllers, Syringe Pump Systems
A high accuracy advanced programmable syringe pump capable of running up to 10 syringes at the same time. This pump represents the latest technology in syringe pumps and allows you to smoothly delivers fluid volumes from hundreds of mL/min all the way down to pL/min. It is perfectly suited to microfluidic applications where a wide range of flow rates or a high force is necessary.
Infusion only or infusion/withdrawal programmable versions available, with various syringe racks up to 10 channels.
Flow rates from 1.50 pL/min to 216 mL/min are delivered with a high grade of accuracy (0.25%) and reproducibility (0.05%). A small step angle stepper motor, controlled by a microprocessor, drives a lead screw and pusher block. Advanced micro-stepping techniques are employed to further reduce the step angle and eliminate flow pulsation.
- Infusion only or infusion/withdrawal programmable versions
- Advanced programs (infusion/withdrawal version only): ramp, gradient, multi-step programming (see "Programs and Connectivity")
- Use in constant flow or constant pressure mode
- Automatic correction of the flow rate to maintain constant pressure
- Highly modular multi-syringe operation (up to 10 syringes simultaneously)
- Intuitive LCD color touch screen and icon interface for an high user-friendly control
- Can be oriented vertically or horizontally for optimum experimental connectivity
- Adjustable linear force to 34 kg (75 lbs)
- 2-year warranty
PHD Ultra options
The PHD Ultra pump is available in two versions:
- Infusion only: supports infusion operations at user-definable flow rates and with selectable target volume or time values to control the total infusion volume. The entry-level Infusion Only model does not include programmable, user-defined methods.
- Infusion/Withdrawal Programmable: supports both infusion and withdrawal operations, and can use both simpified pumping profiles or the more advanced pumping profiles and I/O settings that permit interactions with external devices. In addition to supporting all of the advanced programming tools available on the PHD ULTRA, this model also allows users to create and store multiple user-defined Methods on the pump.
Various syringe rack options are offered with this pump:
- The standard 2-syringe rack holds 2 syringes from 0.5 μl to 140 ml
- The 4 x 140 multi-rack holds four 60 ml or 140 ml plastic syringes only
- 6/10 multi-rack holds up to 10 syringes from 0.5 μl to 20 ml and up to 6 syringes from 30 ml to 60 ml
- The microliter syringe rack independently holds 4 syringes, from 0.5 μl to 10 ml, enabling syringes of different sizes to run simultaneously
Touch Screen Interface
The high resolution LCD touch screen with intuitive icon interface grants users unparalleled ease of use. You can create, save and run both simple and complex multi-step pumping methods without a PC then clearly monitor all key parameters displayed directly on the touch screen interface.
Advanced Programming Features
This model supports infuse only, withdraw only, infuse/withdraw and withdraw/infuse operations. Users can create and store multiple Methods of up to 800 steps on the pump.
The Harvard Apparatus Existing Methods and User Defined Methods consist in Pump Operation Profiles that can be selected along with a syringe selection, commands, and I/O triggers to create a Method. There are eight Pump Operation Profiles available for selection:
- Constant rate
These pre-programmed profiles can be selected for quick and easy configuration of the pumps. The basic operation is a simple 3-step procedure:
- Select a Method
- Enter operating parameters
- Preview or Run your Method
Quick Start Methods are for simple infusions, withdrawals or a combination. If more complexity is needed a User Defined Method can be made up of the pump operation profiles with up to 50 individual steps consisting of the following commands:
- Time delays
- Repeating steps
- Stopping the pump
- Triggering the pump’s TTL output
- Accepting an input, such as a user touch
- Events triggering infusion or withdrawal
Methods can be named for easy identification and stored on a computer for later retrieval. Methods can be edited, renamed, deleted, appended to one another and exported to other pumps, giving maximum flexibility and control to the syringe pump users. By programming and saving custom Methods in the pump, multi-user errors are reduced. Easily transfer complex methods to other pumps and/or download methods from a PC.
The Harvard Apparatus FlowControl software can control both an individual syringe pump as well as multiple pumps connected in a daisy chain or USB hub. Users can enter syringe data, flow rate and flow direction (infusion or withdrawal). The flow rate and flow direction can both by modified while the pump is running. The software allows you to create, edit, save, and recall simple to complex methods for controlling individual pumps and multiple pumps.
Quickly and easily monitor the status of whether each of your pumps is ready, off-line or detecting an error, notifying you to check the connections.
Real-time data graphing
The FlowControl software allows you to graphically monitor the flow parameters, such as infuse and refill rates and volume dispenses, of each independent pump in addition to displaying them in the Method Execution window.
The Harvard Apparatus PHD ULTRA series offer a multitude of connection options for controlling and programming the syringe pumps. It has a USB serial port for computer control, a footswitch input port, RS-485 ports for daisy chaining pumps, and a digital input/output for external control through a computer or other device.
|Type||Microprocessor Dual Syringe, Infusion/Withdrawal Programmable|
|Flow Rate||Single Syringe: 1.50 pL/min to 216.0 mL/min|
|Display||4.3" WQVGA TFT Color Display with Touchscreen|
|Footswitch||Mini Phono Jack|
|Average Linear Force||34 kg (75 lbs) at 100% force|
|Drive Motor||0.9° Stepper Motor Controlled|
|Motor Drive Control||Microprocessor with 1/16 microstepping|
|Motor Micro Steps per one rev. of Lead Screw||12800|
|Pusher Travel Rate||
|Step Resolution||0.082 μm/μstep|
|Input Power Connection||2.5 mm ID x 5.5 mm OD male plug|
|Input Power||12-30 VDC|
|Power Supply||100-240 Vac, 50/60 Hz, 8 watts universal power supply, use only a Harvard Apparatus approved power supply and line cord.|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||12.0 x 8.5 x 7.0 in (30.5 x 21. 6 x 17.8 cm)|
|Weight||4.5 kg (10 lbs)|
|Regulatory Certifications||CE, ETL (UL, CSA), WEEE, EU, RoHS & CB Scheme|
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at email@example.com
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD or GBP, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
The shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the package and the country of destination: you can estimate the shipping cost on the cart page. We try to offer you the best shipping rates and services, shipping all our orders through DHL Express. Generally, your order reaches your lab in only 2 to 3 days after we send it, no matter the destination!
Please note that our shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place). Please contact us if you prefer using your own courrier account or have any question!