Organ-on-a-Chip - Open Membrane Chip - Mini Luer
- Product SKU: CS-10001069
- Category: Microfluidic Chips, Microfluidic ChipShop, Microfluidic Organ-on-a-chip, New Products, Organ-on-a-chip Chips
This convenient and affordable Organ-on-a-Chip is a compact solution to recreate biological barriers in vitro. One chip hosts four culture chambers that are opened to allow direct access to the membrane area.
The chip is fabricated in Topas (COC, cyclic olefin copolymer) for better light transmittance. The inlets and outlets with integrated Mini Luer connections ensure leak-free junctions with the tubing and allow experiments under dynamic flow conditions.
This Organ-on-a-Chip allows you to reliably mimic physiological conditions in vitro and study tissue organization, cell-cell interactions, barrier penetration, and physiological responses in a more in vivo-like environment.
These open chips have been designed to allow direct access to membrane areas and provide a permanent entry port for liquid supply, storage, and exchange.
This chip is designed to develop models of physiological barriers and to ensure an in vivo-like environment under static or dynamic flow conditions. Each chamber has 2 mini Luer connection ports to supply the bottom compartment, below the membrane. In combination with matching interaction tanks for liquid supply and storage, this chip allows for a wide variety of filtering and assay tasks.
The entire body of the chip is made of Topas, a cyclic olefin copolymer (COC) to overcome the limitations of standard PDMS. Topas does not unspecifically absorb medium contents and has high stability and ideal optical characteristics for the bright field as well as fluorescence microscopy. Topas is frequently used in medical devices due to its proven biocompatibility.
Each chamber offers an 8 µm porous membrane.
- Mini Luer connection molded with the chip: leak-free
- Highly resistant and optically clear material: Topas (COC, cyclic olefin copolymer) has high transparency (equivalent to glass) and very low grade of auto-fluorescence
- Standard microscope glass slide size (75.5 mm x 25.5 mm x 1.5 mm)
- Cover lid thickness: 140 µm
8 µm porous PET membrane
1x Open membrane organ-on-a-chip with mini Luer ports
|Chip material||Topas (COC)
|Pore size (µm)||8|
|Lid thickness (µm)||140
Click to read more information about ChipShop chips material properties.
Maurer, M., Gresnigt, M. S., Last, A., Wollny, T., Berlinghof, F., Pospich, R., ... & Mosig, A. S. (2019). A three-dimensional immunocompetent intestine-on-chip model as in vitro platform for functional and microbial interaction studies. Biomaterials,220, 119396. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biomaterials.2019.119396
Raasch, M., Rennert, K., Jahn, T., Peters, S., Henkel, T., Huber, O., ... & Mosig, A. (2015). Microfluidically supported biochip design for culture of endothelial cell layers with improved perfusion conditions. Biofabrication, 7(1), 015013. doi:10.1088/1758-5090/7/1/015013
Rennert, K., Steinborn, S., Gröger, M., Ungerböck, B., Jank, A. M., Ehgartner, J., Nietzsche, S., Dinger, J., Kiehntopf, M., Funke, H., Peters, F. T., Lupp, A., Gärtner, C., Mayr, T., Bauer, M., Huber, O., & Mosig, A. S. (2015). A microfluidically perfused three dimensional human liver model. Biomaterials, 71, 119–131. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biomaterials.2015.08.043
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Request a quote easily by clicking on the "Request a Quote" button in the cart page.
Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD, GBP or AUD, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping country, and can be estimated from the cart page. Our shipping rates and times are:
- France: GLS (1-2 business days), free shipping above 350€
- Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czechia, Slovakia:
- GLS (2-4 business days), free shipping above 350€
- DHL Express (1-2 business days), reduced rate above 350€
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, Greece, Cyprus, Malta: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- United Kingdom: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- USA, Canada: DHL Express (1-3 business days), free shipping above 400€
- Switzerland: DHL Express (1-2 days), free shipping above 450€
- Other countries: DHL Express, shipping rates based on the destination, weight and dimensions
If you wish to use your own shipping account, we will charge a flat fee of 15€.
We reserve the right to apply a surcharge for parcels > 30 kg, palletized shipments, or packages with dimensions exceeding the maximum dimensions of our carriers.
Please note that our standard shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place), or EXW if using your own carrier.
Contact us if you have any questions!