Akura 96 Spheroid Microplate
The Akura™ 96-well plate is an appropriate tool for the generation, long-term cultivation, and analysis of 3D cell models. The unique well design ensures high reproducibility, scalability, and near-complete medium exchange without spheroid loss. The plate is made of COP (cyclic olefin polymer) and its format is compliant with SLAS standards for easy integration in any laboratory.
Thanks to its unique conical well design, this 96-well plate enables scaffold-free aggregation and long-term culturing of 3D cell models while being compatible with a broad range of endpoints. The plate supports several 3D cell models such as spheroids, organoids, and microtissues of up to 750 µm. The ultra-low attachment (ULA) wells’ coating prevents cell attachment to the surface and enhances spheroid formation.
Spheroid formation and maturation appear within 2-5 days of incubation at 37°C, following cell seeding and brief centrifugation. The maturation process can be improved by tilting the plate to 30° or placing it on the Akura™ Tilting Stand.
The SureXchange unique well design has been developed to ensure near-complete (>90%) medium exchange without spheroid loss due to unintended aspiration.
This technology shows great reproducibility and uniformity in spheroid formation and allows for long-term culturing. It also helps improve washing steps to remove unwanted components (medium components, hormones) which could interfere with endpoint assays or spheroid behavior.
With an ANSI/SLAS standard format, this plate is compatible with all existing laboratory equipment, including multi-channel pipettes and automated liquid handling systems for higher throughput.
The plate is made of COP (cyclo-olefin-polymer) presenting high optical transparency and allowing the plate to be used with most high-content imaging platforms. Easy visualization of spheroids is achieved thanks to the 1 mm diameter flat bottom (0.8mm thick) observation window.
IS-CS-PB13: 5x Akura™ 96 Spheroid Microplates (with lids)
IS-CS-PB15: 20x Akura™ 96 Spheroid Microplates (with lids)
The Akura™ 96 Spheroid Microplate meets the SLAS/ANSI standards with alphanumeric labeling of 96 wells arranged in 8 rows and 12 columns.
|Plate length||127.76 mm|
|Plate width||85.48 mm|
|Height of plate||14.35 mm|
|Height of plate with lid||15.35 mm|
|Height of well||12.75 mm|
|Skirt height||0.4 mm|
|Diameter well opening||6.70 mm|
|Diameter well bottom||1 mm|
|Thickness well bottom||0.8 mm|
|Working volume||70-80 µL|
|Well-to-well distance||9 mm|
|SureXchange tip position||
1.71 mm horizontal offset, 9.86 in z-height
|Plate and lid material||
COP (Cyclo-olefin-polymer), Polystyrene
You can either order and pay via credit card or invoice (through a purchase order). Request a quote easily by clicking on the "Request a Quote" button in the cart page.
Please note that some products are not available for direct purchase: just click "Request a Quote" on the product page and fill in the form to get more informations!
- Add your products to the cart
- In the cart page, click on Proceed to Checkout
- Complete your credit card informations (don't worry, we are using Stripe, a PCI-certified program specialized in online transactions)
- That's it! You will receive an order confirmation within a few minutes, and our team will send you the invoice.
- Add your products to the cart
- In the website header, click on Request a Quote
- Fill in the required informations, then click on Submit Quote
- Our team will send you a quote shortly
- After receiving the quote, just send your purchase order at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our team will complete your purchase and send you the invoice!
If you wish to pay in USD, GBP or AUD, please specify it in your PO. We can add the converted value in the required currency to the quote if requested.
We ship worldwide from our warehouse in France.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping country, and can be estimated from the cart page. Our shipping rates and times are:
- France: GLS (1-2 business days), free shipping above 350€
- Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czechia, Slovakia:
- GLS (2-4 business days), free shipping above 350€
- DHL Express (1-2 business days), reduced rate above 350€
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, Greece, Cyprus, Malta: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- United Kingdom: DHL Express (1-2 business days), free shipping above 400€
- USA, Canada: DHL Express (1-3 business days), free shipping above 400€
- Switzerland: DHL Express (1-2 days), free shipping above 450€
- Other countries: DHL Express, shipping rates based on the destination, weight and dimensions
If you wish to use your own shipping account, we will charge a flat fee of 15€.
We reserve the right to apply a surcharge for parcels > 30 kg, palletized shipments, or packages with dimensions exceeding the maximum dimensions of our carriers.
Please note that our standard shipping incoterms are DAP (Delivered At Place), or EXW if using your own carrier.
Contact us if you have any questions!